The bachelor’s degree in Event Management – a distance learning programme for creating successful ev
Do you want to create unforgettable experiences for people of all ages and plan events of all kinds from start to finish? Then the distance learning bachelor’s programme in Event Management is perfect for you. At IU University, you will learn down to the smallest detail what really matters when organising, financing, and successfully implementing events, concerts, and exhibitions. As an event expert, you will be pulling all the strings behind the scenes with your business management skills and ensuring all-round successful events.
The IU Bachelor’s degree programme in Event Management will provide you with foundational knowledge so you can play a central role in shaping the event industry in the future. You will not only learn how to best meet the expectations of all the guests and participants at an event. Your modular studies will also include training in optimal calculation, financing and profitable marketing. In addition, you are free to decide what area of business you would like to specialise in later and whether you would prefer to pursue a career in tourism, hospitality or events.
Do you want to know more?
In our free and non-binding information material you will find out everything about:
- Content of your studies
- Admission and application
- Prices in detail
Why you should study at IU
- SALARY INCREASE up to 20%
- By studying at IU International University, you can expect up to 20% more salary in your future career.
- MORE RESPONSIBILITY IN THE JOBS OF THE FUTURE
- The job market is constantly changing - studying with us gives you the perfect preparation for the business world.
- OPTIMAL PROMOTION AND CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
- Start out in the professional world without compromises - no problem with a degree from us.
As an event manager, you have the skills to work for agencies, public institutions, or companies. While you may handle a variety of different and changing clients at an agency, with other employers you are only responsible for your own company. At an agency, you are prepared to quickly take on responsibilities and oversee your projects, while at a company you will usually have more regular working hours.
As a conference organiser, you are constantly tackling the challenge of further developing existing conference concepts and breaking new ground. You are responsible conceiving, implementing, and equipping events. You think about creating meeting points for trade fair visitors and exhibitors as well as suppliers and providers and ensuring that everything runs smoothly.
Event & Banquet Manager in hotels
As a banquet manager, you take care of the promotion and marketing of events. You are responsible for all the process: from the development of offers, planning and implementation, to coordinating the billing. You are also responsible for designing advertising materials and calculating estimates. Once an event is booked, you ensure that the appropriate space is available and give all the necessary instructions to the kitchen, bar, and service staff.
- Planning and development of events
- Commercial law
- Intercultural management
- Business events
- Economy and market
- Service management
Our bachelor's degree programs are generally free admission programs. Precondition, in any case, is at least a university entrance qualification in the form of:
- A General qualification diploma or vocational technical diploma
- An entrance qualification for studies at universities of applied sciences
- A master craftsman's diploma
- Or advanced further training
- Or at least two years of vocational training plus at least three years of professional experience.
For detailed information and advice about possible exceptions, please refer to the corresponding subpage of the respective bachelor's degree program.
Have you already completed a vocational training, have you been working professionally for several years or have you been able to successfully complete your studies? Perfect! This is because you can then have certain prior credits and academic achievements specifically recognized to shorten your study time and reduce your tuition fees.
You can find out which of your previous degrees, certificates or professional experience and skills can be credited to you on the websites of the individual course of study or directly from the student advisor for the location you are interested in.
The study that adapts to your life
Request information on the type of study that is best for you.
For maximum flexibility and maximum success - study 100% online
- Ideal for graduating with maximum flexibility: study when, where and how you want.
- 100% online study - no compulsory attendance and optionally full or part-time
- Take exams online or locally if you wish
- Maximum support from tutors, professors and study coaches
Popular degree programs
Business administration – sets an important milestone for a professional career as a generalist in the field of business administration.
BWL - Accounting & Controlling
Business Administration - Accounting & Controlling is the ideal preparation for the exciting and diverse field of finance as well as all aspects of business and law.
Business Psychology – excellent preparation for better understanding and positively influencing people’s thinking, experience, action, and decision-making.
What we have to offer
- study programmes to choose from, tailored to your needs
- companies educate with us as practice partners
- locations or study online worldwide
Request free information
You'll find all of the important information about your study programme and IU International University of Applied Sciences in your personal brochure.