ENVIRONMENT AND SURROUNDINGS: IN HARMONY THANKS TO YOU.
Ecology, plant use, construction and building methods of landscape architecture, building law and construction business management are all subject areas that appeal to you and in which you would like to acquire basic specialist knowledge? Then the Bachelor of Engineering in Landscape Architecture is exactly the degree programme that will prepare you for a successful future. The skills you professionalise in your studies at IU International University of Applied Sciences will be used in your future professional life to create strategies and concepts for open space design or renaturation projects. In your work, you will naturally have ecology, sustainability and resilience to phenomena such as climate change in mind when dealing with the entire spectrum of populated and unpopulated outdoor spaces.
You can choose between specialisations such as "Geoinformation and Surveying", "Participatory Building in Landscape Architecture", "Building Information Modelling" or "Climate Change and Resilience". The Bachelor's degree at IU stands out from comparable programmes because future topics such as "Building Information Modelling" and "Geo Design" in the elective area and "Virtual Reality" in the compulsory area make the degree programme so special.
Do you want to know more?
In our free and non-binding information material you will find out everything about:
- Content of your studies
- Admission and application
- Prices in detail
Why you should study at IU
- SALARY INCREASE up to 20%
- By studying at IU International University, you can expect up to 20% more salary in your future career.
- MORE RESPONSIBILITY IN THE JOBS OF THE FUTURE
- The job market is constantly changing - studying with us gives you the perfect preparation for the business world.
- OPTIMAL PROMOTION AND CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
- Start out in the professional world without compromises - no problem with a degree from us.
Project collaboration in a landscape architecture office (m/f/d)
Your responsibilities as an employee in a landscape architecture office will include the creation of planning, strategy and concept for the development of gardens and landscapes for private as well as public clients. You will be involved in every phase of the process, from basic research and preliminary design to final building inspection. You will also be able to use your talent in project collaboration for landscape architecture competitions.
Landscape architecture in the public sector (m/f/d)
Every green space, every park and every publicly accessible square is carefully considered, designed and implemented in long processes. With a position in the civil service, you will be responsible for ensuring that public recreational space is well designed, always with aesthetics, use and ecology in mind. You will be in demand in garden authorities, park administrations and other public institutions that have a need for well-trained landscape architects.
Landscape planner (m/f/d)
Everything to do with planning and project management will be your responsibility in this job, and you will cover all the skills required in horticultural businesses and industry, from completely new planning of plots to garden redesign.
- Applied Ecology: Basics
- History and Theory of Landscape Architecture
- Urban Design
- Private and Public Building Law
- Construction economics
- Climate Change and Resilience
Our bachelor's degree programs are generally free admission programs. Precondition, in any case, is at least a university entrance qualification in the form of:
- A General qualification diploma or vocational technical diploma
- An entrance qualification for studies at universities of applied sciences
- A master craftsman's diploma
- Or advanced further training
- Or at least two years of vocational training plus at least three years of professional experience.
For detailed information and advice about possible exceptions, please refer to the corresponding subpage of the respective bachelor's degree program.
Have you already completed a vocational training, have you been working professionally for several years or have you been able to successfully complete your studies? Perfect! This is because you can then have certain prior credits and academic achievements specifically recognized to shorten your study time and reduce your tuition fees.
You can find out which of your previous degrees, certificates or professional experience and skills can be credited to you on the websites of the individual course of study or directly from the student advisor for the location you are interested in.
The study that adapts to your life
Request information on the type of study that is best for you.
For maximum flexibility and maximum success - study 100% online
- Ideal for graduating with maximum flexibility: study when, where and how you want.
- 100% online study - no compulsory attendance and optionally full or part-time
- Take exams online or locally if you wish
- Maximum support from tutors, professors and study coaches
Popular degree programs
Real Estate Management – deals with technical principles as well as current challenges and trends in the construction industry.
Bachelor’s programme in Real Estate – opens doors and professional opportunities.
Architecture offers the perfect combination of creativity and solid engineering knowledge for small and large construction projects.
What we have to offer
- study programmes to choose from, tailored to your needs
- companies educate with us as practice partners
- locations or study online worldwide
Request free information