With the Bachelor Civil Engineering, make the career ladder your new construction project.
To avoid proverbially standing in the way of our future, we need sustainable and environmentally friendly concepts. This is especially true for the building industry. As a civil engineer, you make a substantial contribution to ensuring that the most efficient possible use of materials and technologies is achieved when building and planning new houses, roads, or industrial installations. The Bachelor's Programme in Civil Engineering at the IU University equips you with the required technical know-how, scientific-analytical thinking, and interdisciplinary leadership skills. Depending on your specialisation, you will be a sought-after expert in various areas of the construction industry.
The IU Bachelor of Civil Engineering teaches you a broad solid knowledge in the fields of architecture, construction management, and engineering. Over and above this, the curriculum includes topics such as energy and resource-conscious construction, business administration, and construction industry 4.0. To further expand your professional knowledge, you can specialise in various areas such as structural engineering or construction project management. In this way, you can qualify as a site manager, structural engineer, or civil engineer both in the public sector or in the private sector.
Do you want to know more?
In our free and non-binding information material you will find out everything about:
- Content of your studies
- Admission and application
- Prices in detail
Why you should study at IU
- SALARY INCREASE up to 20%
- By studying at IU International University, you can expect up to 20% more salary in your future career.
- MORE RESPONSIBILITY IN THE JOBS OF THE FUTURE
- The job market is constantly changing - studying with us gives you the perfect preparation for the business world.
- OPTIMAL PROMOTION AND CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
- Start out in the professional world without compromises - no problem with a degree from us.
Project manager in an engineering office
As a project manager in an engineering office, you have a variety of tasks on your schedule, combined with constant client communication and coordination among the various project stakeholders. In close cooperation with clients and architects, you develop concepts for the building's technical systems, prepare tenders, and subsequently manage projects for technical building services, both as a whole and focusing on specific parts. You help ensure that construction projects are successfully implemented.
Your job as a construction manager is to coordinate construction projects with all stakeholders. You coordinate and supervise the deadlines and services and monitor the construction site processes. You coordinate subcontractors to ensure that the services of the various trades are optimally integrated. You are also responsible for the construction site personnel and the accounting for the entire construction project. You are the contact person on the construction site for clients, architects, authorities, and other people involved in the construction process.
Employee in the building agency / public service
As an employee in the public sector, you will take on a wide range of tasks at the building authority related to construction projects in a municipality. Some prominent topics are building construction, water supply, and wastewater disposal. You are in charge of public buildings and facilities in your community. The work involves spatial and urban development planning. For example, you identify building zones, draw up development plans, or plans for building zones, taking into account building regulations. You have interesting opportunities for advancement in the public sector, for example, to become a manager at the building authority, city construction councillor, or city planning officer.
- Engineering mechanics
- Building informatics
- Traffic route construction
- Urban and transport planning
- Building technology
- Structural design
Our bachelor's degree programs are generally free admission programs. Precondition, in any case, is at least a university entrance qualification in the form of:
- A General qualification diploma or vocational technical diploma
- An entrance qualification for studies at universities of applied sciences
- A master craftsman's diploma
- Or advanced further training
- Or at least two years of vocational training plus at least three years of professional experience.
For detailed information and advice about possible exceptions, please refer to the corresponding subpage of the respective bachelor's degree program.
Have you already completed a vocational training, have you been working professionally for several years or have you been able to successfully complete your studies? Perfect! This is because you can then have certain prior credits and academic achievements specifically recognized to shorten your study time and reduce your tuition fees.
You can find out which of your previous degrees, certificates or professional experience and skills can be credited to you on the websites of the individual course of study or directly from the student advisor for the location you are interested in.
The study that adapts to your life
Request information on the type of study that is best for you.
For maximum flexibility and maximum success - study 100% online
- Ideal for graduating with maximum flexibility: study when, where and how you want.
- 100% online study - no compulsory attendance and optionally full or part-time
- Take exams online or locally if you wish
- Maximum support from tutors, professors and study coaches
Flexibility and clear structures - cleverly combined
- Perfect to take your career to the next level: Study while working
- Possible at 14 locations as well as at the virtual campus
- Mix of flexible online modules and regular classes
- Choose your own pace in online studies and deepen your knowledge with the help of experienced professors on campus
Study or work? Just do both!
- The perfect way to start your career: study and gain work experience at the same time
- At over 35 locations as well as at the virtual campus
- Regular rotation between theory on campus and practice in the company
- Apply what you have learned directly in practice and have more than three years of professional experience after graduation
Popular degree programs
Real Estate Management – deals with technical principles as well as current challenges and trends in the construction industry.
Bachelor’s programme in Real Estate – opens doors and professional opportunities.
Architecture offers the perfect combination of creativity and solid engineering knowledge for small and large construction projects.
What we have to offer
- study programmes to choose from, tailored to your needs
- companies educate with us as practice partners
- locations or study online worldwide
Request free information