Bachelor's in Culinary Management, for a gastronomic career to suit your taste.
For you, cooking and pleasing people are like the salt in the soup. Turn your passion into a profession: whether as a restaurant manager, event manager, or creative chef. The Bachelor's Programme in Culinary Management at IU University will provide you with the necessary business management fundamentals. You will learn how to create successful catering concepts, calculate the price for a complete buffet, and all the necessary requirements for hygiene and quality management. You will be well-versed in all the necessary skills for a management position in marketing or human resources in large hotels or trendy restaurants.
The IU Study Programme in Culinary Management will teach you the most important business management basics to successfully plan and create budgets for events, conferences, or gastronomic offers. You will learn how to implement presentation and kitchen concepts and find out which kitchen technologies you need. The modular curriculum includes the most important fundamentals of nutritional science, marketing, and human resources management. This broad knowledge will enable you to make independent and well-informed decisions as a manager.
Do you want to know more?
In our free and non-binding information material you will find out everything about:
- Content of your studies
- Admission and application
- Prices in detail
Why you should study at IU
- SALARY INCREASE up to 20%
- By studying at IU International University, you can expect up to 20% more salary in your future career.
- MORE RESPONSIBILITY IN THE JOBS OF THE FUTURE
- The job market is constantly changing - studying with us gives you the perfect preparation for the business world.
- OPTIMAL PROMOTION AND CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
- Start out in the professional world without compromises - no problem with a degree from us.
As a restaurant manager, you take on a central position in a gastronomy business. You take care of internal organisation, employees, orders, and accounting. Above all, you are the first point of contact for your guests and ensure the service runs smoothly. One of your biggest responsibilities is to find the right balance between your guests’ wishes, your employees’ needs and the business’ interests.
As a chef, you have a firm grasp on your kingdom, i.e., the kitchen. You lead your team, coordinate activities, and decide what will be on the menu. You are also responsible for administrative tasks in the background such as ordering and checking the goods. As a professional in the food & beverage sector, you are also prepared to pass on your knowledge to employees and trainees. This job requires working with all the departments in a hotel or with restaurants.
Food & Beverage Manager
Food and beverage managers are in charge of the economic side of restaurant management. Together with the restaurant manager and the chef, you calculate budgets, design the menu, and coordinate grocery shopping. You are also responsible for monitoring quality, hygiene, and compliance with legal requirements.
- Introduction to the hotel and catering industry
- Hygiene and safety
- Work preparation and work planning
- Food production
- Kitchen Technology
- Menu planning and budgeting
Our bachelor's degree programs are generally free admission programs. Precondition, in any case, is at least a university entrance qualification in the form of:
- A General qualification diploma or vocational technical diploma
- An entrance qualification for studies at universities of applied sciences
- A master craftsman's diploma
- Or advanced further training
- Or at least two years of vocational training plus at least three years of professional experience.
For detailed information and advice about possible exceptions, please refer to the corresponding subpage of the respective bachelor's degree program.
Have you already completed a vocational training, have you been working professionally for several years or have you been able to successfully complete your studies? Perfect! This is because you can then have certain prior credits and academic achievements specifically recognized to shorten your study time and reduce your tuition fees.
You can find out which of your previous degrees, certificates or professional experience and skills can be credited to you on the websites of the individual course of study or directly from the student advisor for the location you are interested in.
The study that adapts to your life
Request information on the type of study that is best for you.
Study or work? Just do both!
- The perfect way to start your career: study and gain work experience at the same time
- At over 35 locations as well as at the virtual campus
- Regular rotation between theory on campus and practice in the company
- Apply what you have learned directly in practice and have more than three years of professional experience after graduation
Popular degree programs
What we have to offer
- study programmes to choose from, tailored to your needs
- companies educate with us as practice partners
- locations or study online worldwide
Request free information