Launch a creative career with a Bachelor’s in Media Management.
Are you creative, have a lot of talent for planning and organisation, and feel at home in the media world? Then you’re predestined for the IU Bachelor’s in Media Management. As a trained media professional, you will know exactly how to reach your target groups and what channels you should use. And you will not only rely on theoretical principles but also on tried and tested communications strategies and digital tools. The study programme will provide you with the most important knowledge to shape your professional perspectives with as much diversity as the media world itself.
The curriculum and modular structure of the Media Management programme are very convincing thanks to their strong practical relevance. This programme will not only let you acquire the business fundamentals but will also allow you to create specific media management projects and meaningful portfolios. The focus is especially on the areas of internationalisation and digitisation. You can also specialise in media production or marketing, for example. So you can learn about the problems and challenges you may face in your later professional career.
Do you want to know more?
In our free and non-binding information material you will find out everything about:
- Content of your studies
- Admission and application
- Prices in detail
Why you should study at IU
- SALARY INCREASE up to 20%
- By studying at IU International University, you can expect up to 20% more salary in your future career.
- MORE RESPONSIBILITY IN THE JOBS OF THE FUTURE
- The job market is constantly changing - studying with us gives you the perfect preparation for the business world.
- OPTIMAL PROMOTION AND CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
- Start out in the professional world without compromises - no problem with a degree from us.
Online Marketing Manager
As an online marketing manager, you organise and monitor digital marketing measures. This includes the implementation of online marketing campaigns, operational and strategic management of SEA accounts, as well as display and text campaigns in the Google display network. You evaluate the most important KPIs and handle competition and market analyses. Coordinating agencies and editors is also part of your job. If you are employed at a small company, you may also take on the duties of social media manager.
Are you creative, enjoy working in a team, and want to work with numbers? Then the profession of media planner might be just right for you. You are at the intersection of advertisers, clients, and the media. Specifically, you ensure that advertising reaches the media. You choose the right mix from the different media and formats to optimally spread your client's advertising message. This could be, for example, a TV commercial, a banner on the internet or a newspaper advertisement. You ensure that your customer’s communication goals are achieved while simultaneously keeping an eye on the available budget.
As the name suggests, brand managers are responsible for looking after a brand. This means that you build the image of a brand and create recognition value based on market analyses and strategy development for positioning. To achieve your goals, you will work closely with other departments like sales and marketing. Brand managers can work wherever brands are sold. You are not limited to a single industry. To succeed in this field, you should have technical knowledge from marketing, good communication skills, a knack for analytical thinking, and the ability to work in a team.
- Introduction to media and communication studies
- Print production
- Mobile media
- Virtual reality
- Digital editorial management
Our bachelor's degree programs are generally free admission programs. Precondition, in any case, is at least a university entrance qualification in the form of:
- A General qualification diploma or vocational technical diploma
- An entrance qualification for studies at universities of applied sciences
- A master craftsman's diploma
- Or advanced further training
- Or at least two years of vocational training plus at least three years of professional experience.
For detailed information and advice about possible exceptions, please refer to the corresponding subpage of the respective bachelor's degree program.
Have you already completed a vocational training, have you been working professionally for several years or have you been able to successfully complete your studies? Perfect! This is because you can then have certain prior credits and academic achievements specifically recognized to shorten your study time and reduce your tuition fees.
You can find out which of your previous degrees, certificates or professional experience and skills can be credited to you on the websites of the individual course of study or directly from the student advisor for the location you are interested in.
The study that adapts to your life
Request information on the type of study that is best for you.
For maximum flexibility and maximum success - study 100% online
- Ideal for graduating with maximum flexibility: study when, where and how you want.
- 100% online study - no compulsory attendance and optionally full or part-time
- Take exams online or locally if you wish
- Maximum support from tutors, professors and study coaches
Popular degree programs
Media Design provides sound knowledge in all areas of media design, preparation and transmission of digital information.
Communications design - ensures that even complex information and messages are conveyed and understood in various channels.
Media informatics deals with the most important challenges surrounding the design and implementation of interactive tools, apps, and digital media offers.
What we have to offer
- study programmes to choose from, tailored to your needs
- companies educate with us as practice partners
- locations or study online worldwide
Request free information
You'll find all of the important information about your study programme and IU International University of Applied Sciences in your personal brochure.