Bachelor in Business Administration and Tax Consulting: this calculation will certainly pay off for
Have you always had a passion for numbers? Are you strict about keeping your finances under control? Then there is nothing standing in the way of you becoming a tax expert. After completing your Bachelor in Business Administration and Tax Consulting at IU University, you will be one of the most important contacts in your company when it comes to financial and tax-related decisions. In addition to large international corporations, you can also advise sole-proprietor businesses and freelancers on all matters concerning money: from tax returns to cost accounting. It is a diverse professional field with attractive career opportunities.
In the IU Degree Programme in Business Administration and Tax Consulting, you will learn all the basics about the daily work of a tax consultant. In addition to general business administration know-how and important basics in tax law, the modular curriculum also provides you with the expert knowledge you need to work in the areas of investment, financing, budgeting, and corporate planning. As a rising specialist and manager, you will also deal with current trends and tax law challenges in the national and international business sectors.
Do you want to know more?
In our free and non-binding information material you will find out everything about:
- Content of your studies
- Admission and application
- Prices in detail
Why you should study at IU
- SALARY INCREASE up to 20%
- By studying at IU International University, you can expect up to 20% more salary in your future career.
- MORE RESPONSIBILITY IN THE JOBS OF THE FUTURE
- The job market is constantly changing - studying with us gives you the perfect preparation for the business world.
- OPTIMAL PROMOTION AND CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
- Start out in the professional world without compromises - no problem with a degree from us.
Tax advisor auditor
If you pass the tax consultancy exam, you can work as a tax consultant. You will not only handle tax returns but also work on tax law enforcement by filing appeals to the tax office for clients or representing them in court in criminal tax matters. In addition, you will optimise the tax structure for your clients and provide consultancy on setting up companies. Since every industry and the most diverse forms of companies are subject to taxation, you will deal with very different clients and their needs. That brings diversity and variety to this job.
After gaining some professional experience in an auditing company, you can take the auditor's exam. Afterwards, you can work as an auditor either as a freelancer or employed in a company, for example, in one of the “Big Four” (Deloitte, Ernst & Young, KPMG, and PwC). As an auditor, you carry out audits of businesses. You take a close look at their annual financial statements or check their creditworthiness. Since few young people currently work as auditors, there is a growing demand for business administration experts in this field.
Accountant or bookkeeper
As an accountant, you will work in the accounting department of a company. You will oversee all financial data and assets, advising the management, and preparing profit and loss statements and balance sheets. In contrast to a tax advisor, an accountant is not allowed to create annual financial statements, only to prepare them. As an accountant, you will also be responsible for the smooth flow of payment transactions in the company. This means that you create invoices, check incoming payments, and pay open invoices from suppliers and service providers.
- Personnel and organisation
- Corporate governance and compliance
- Income tax and the basics of controlling
- Corporate and trade tax
- Civil law
- Tax law
Our bachelor's degree programs are generally free admission programs. Precondition, in any case, is at least a university entrance qualification in the form of:
- A General qualification diploma or vocational technical diploma
- An entrance qualification for studies at universities of applied sciences
- A master craftsman's diploma
- Or advanced further training
- Or at least two years of vocational training plus at least three years of professional experience.
For detailed information and advice about possible exceptions, please refer to the corresponding subpage of the respective bachelor's degree program.
Have you already completed a vocational training, have you been working professionally for several years or have you been able to successfully complete your studies? Perfect! This is because you can then have certain prior credits and academic achievements specifically recognized to shorten your study time and reduce your tuition fees.
You can find out which of your previous degrees, certificates or professional experience and skills can be credited to you on the websites of the individual course of study or directly from the student advisor for the location you are interested in.
The study that adapts to your life
Request information on the type of study that is best for you.
Study or work? Just do both!
- The perfect way to start your career: study and gain work experience at the same time
- At over 35 locations as well as at the virtual campus
- Regular rotation between theory on campus and practice in the company
- Apply what you have learned directly in practice and have more than three years of professional experience after graduation
Popular degree programs
Business administration – sets an important milestone for a professional career as a generalist in the field of business administration.
BWL - Accounting & Controlling
Business Administration - Accounting & Controlling is the ideal preparation for the exciting and diverse field of finance as well as all aspects of business and law.
Business Psychology – excellent preparation for better understanding and positively influencing people’s thinking, experience, action, and decision-making.
What we have to offer
- study programmes to choose from, tailored to your needs
- companies educate with us as practice partners
- locations or study online worldwide
Request free information