You’ll be a rising star with a Bachelor's degree in Sport Management.
Are you active in professional sports or a passionate hobby athlete? Then you know how important it is to plan your professional future at an early stage after the end of your career. The IU University Bachelor’s degree in Sport Management will help you lay the optimal foundation for your future career in the sports business. Whether as a technical expert, consultant or manager, you will be able to take on exciting management, sales and consulting jobs at the club and association level or in the professional and non-profit sector. You will have the chance to organise complete sporting events, handle licensing rights, and be responsible for the entire range of sponsorships.
In addition to the most important business skills, the IU University degree programme in Sport Management will let you acquire specialist knowledge for your future work in management, consulting and leadership positions. The curriculum skilfully bridges the gap between theory and practice, which means that you will gain knowledge in the science, law, ethics, and psycho-social aspects of sport while working with different target groups. Moreover, IU University will also offer youprofessional specialisation options in the areas of tourism, hospitality, and events in order to let you successfully gain a foothold in a wide variety of professional fields in the diverse sport industry.
Do you want to know more?
In our free and non-binding information material you will find out everything about:
- Content of your studies
- Admission and application
- Prices in detail
Why you should study at IU
- SALARY INCREASE up to 20%
- By studying at IU International University, you can expect up to 20% more salary in your future career.
- MORE RESPONSIBILITY IN THE JOBS OF THE FUTURE
- The job market is constantly changing - studying with us gives you the perfect preparation for the business world.
- OPTIMAL PROMOTION AND CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
- Start out in the professional world without compromises - no problem with a degree from us.
Sports marketing Manager
As an employee in sports marketing, you will market athletes, sporting events, and sport types, as well as products and services in the sports industry. It is an exciting field since it is estimated that the worldwide sales of sports and outdoor equipment amount to around 44 billion euros, and the trend is rising.
As a club manager, you have a very wide range of tasks that vary depending mainly on the size of the club. You can work in general administration, member support, as well as in personnel and committee management. Tasks in the areas of budgeting, law and insurance, public relations, and marketing are all part of the club manager’s responsibilities. In professional sports, you are usually also responsible for the management of sports activities, for example, the engagement of players and coaches.
Sponsoring project manager
As a sponsoring project manager, you plan, coordinate, and implement sponsoring measures. This involves coordinating the interests and services of sponsors and sponsorship providers. Possible employers include agencies as well as companies, sports associations, and clubs.
- Sport psychology
- Digital sport marketing
- League sport and commercial sports law
- Sports venue management
- Sports law, marketing
Our bachelor's degree programs are generally free admission programs. Precondition, in any case, is at least a university entrance qualification in the form of:
- A General qualification diploma or vocational technical diploma
- An entrance qualification for studies at universities of applied sciences
- A master craftsman's diploma
- Or advanced further training
- Or at least two years of vocational training plus at least three years of professional experience.
For detailed information and advice about possible exceptions, please refer to the corresponding subpage of the respective bachelor's degree program.
Have you already completed a vocational training, have you been working professionally for several years or have you been able to successfully complete your studies? Perfect! This is because you can then have certain prior credits and academic achievements specifically recognized to shorten your study time and reduce your tuition fees.
You can find out which of your previous degrees, certificates or professional experience and skills can be credited to you on the websites of the individual course of study or directly from the student advisor for the location you are interested in.
The study that adapts to your life
Request information on the type of study that is best for you.
For maximum flexibility and maximum success - study 100% online
- Ideal for graduating with maximum flexibility: study when, where and how you want.
- 100% online study - no compulsory attendance and optionally full or part-time
- Take exams online or locally if you wish
- Maximum support from tutors, professors and study coaches
Popular degree programs
Social work represents the best possible preparation for ensuring social justice and equal opportunities for children, young people and adults in all life situations.
Health management enables people to convince themselves to maintain and improve their health.
Nutrition science deals with the composition and effects of nutrition and gets to the bottom of diet-related diseases.
What we have to offer
- study programmes to choose from, tailored to your needs
- companies educate with us as practice partners
- locations or study online worldwide
Request free information