MAKE YOUR ENGAGEMENT OFFICIAL. AND PUBLIC.
You want safety in your job without being in a boring, lost position? One thing is sure: Administration and civil servant jobs in the public sector are better than their reputation. With your Public Management studies you can shape the fundamental structural change of state institutions. And you can take up new challenges in public administration.
In your Bachelor course of study Public Management you deal with current issues like the digitisation of authorities and processes. Moreover, you get a comprehensive basic knowledge on law and economics. In addition to extensive management skills, your soft skills will be trained, too. What is more, current issues like egovernment, data protection and IT security will be part of your curriculum. If you would like to deepen your expert knowledge further, you can specialise in immigration law, digital HR, change management or social psychology. After your successful graduation many doors of the public sector are open to you. The Federal Ministry, associations and municipalities as well as NGOs.
Do you want to know more?
In our free and non-binding information material you will find out everything about:
- Content of your studies
- Admission and application
- Prices in detail
Why you should study at IU
- SALARY INCREASE up to 20%
- By studying at IU International University, you can expect up to 20% more salary in your future career.
- MORE RESPONSIBILITY IN THE JOBS OF THE FUTURE
- The job market is constantly changing - studying with us gives you the perfect preparation for the business world.
- OPTIMAL PROMOTION AND CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
- Start out in the professional world without compromises - no problem with a degree from us.
Specialist/Executive in a Federal Ministry
Do you want to campaign for topics such as the economy and energy, labour and social affairs, or education and research? Germany has a large number of ministries that take care of citizens’ concerns in various areas. Your degree qualifies you to take on responsibilities as a specialist or manager in your chosen ministry.
Specialist/Executive with an association
Associations play a central role in our economy and society. They draw together the interests and demands of various social groups, for example, certain economic sectors, and bring them into the political discourse. As a specialist or manager in an association, you will take on responsibilities and carry out activities to achieve common goals or values.
Specialist/Executive with an enterprise of the public sector
Public-sector companies, such as municipal utilities and local public transport, have committed themselves to perform a public task in the interests of the common good. Challenging tasks await, especially since public companies are exposed to growing competitive pressure and are required to meet high demands for efficiency, transparency, and sustainability as part of their social responsibility.
- Public and Nonprofit Management
- Public Finance
- Administative Procedural Law
- Human Resource in the public sector
- Municipal Law
Our bachelor's degree programs are generally free admission programs. Precondition, in any case, is at least a university entrance qualification in the form of:
- A General qualification diploma or vocational technical diploma
- An entrance qualification for studies at universities of applied sciences
- A master craftsman's diploma
- Or advanced further training
- Or at least two years of vocational training plus at least three years of professional experience.
For detailed information and advice about possible exceptions, please refer to the corresponding subpage of the respective bachelor's degree program.
Have you already completed a vocational training, have you been working professionally for several years or have you been able to successfully complete your studies? Perfect! This is because you can then have certain prior credits and academic achievements specifically recognized to shorten your study time and reduce your tuition fees.
You can find out which of your previous degrees, certificates or professional experience and skills can be credited to you on the websites of the individual course of study or directly from the student advisor for the location you are interested in.
The study that adapts to your life
Request information on the type of study that is best for you.
For maximum flexibility and maximum success - study 100% online
- Ideal for graduating with maximum flexibility: study when, where and how you want.
- 100% online study - no compulsory attendance and optionally full or part-time
- Take exams online or locally if you wish
- Maximum support from tutors, professors and study coaches
Study or work? Just do both!
- The perfect way to start your career: study and gain work experience at the same time
- At over 35 locations as well as at the virtual campus
- Regular rotation between theory on campus and practice in the company
- Apply what you have learned directly in practice and have more than three years of professional experience after graduation
Popular degree programs
Business administration – sets an important milestone for a professional career as a generalist in the field of business administration.
BWL - Accounting & Controlling
Business Administration - Accounting & Controlling is the ideal preparation for the exciting and diverse field of finance as well as all aspects of business and law.
Business Psychology – excellent preparation for better understanding and positively influencing people’s thinking, experience, action, and decision-making.
What we have to offer
- study programmes to choose from, tailored to your needs
- companies educate with us as practice partners
- locations or study online worldwide
Request free information
You'll find all of the important information about your study programme and IU International University of Applied Sciences in your personal brochure.