A Bachelor’s in Communications & PR gives you a suitable strategy for every message.
Are you a born networker who likes to write for a living? Then you’re the ideal candidate for developing effective PR and communications strategies. To successfully get your messages across to men or women, you need both technical and business know-how. This is the expertise that the Bachelor's in Communications & PR B at IU University of Applied Sciences will teach you. You will learn what is important when using various media channels and digital editorial management systems. Later you will work as a communications expert for companies in all industries, advertising and marketing agencies, or public authorities.
The IU Bachelor’s degree programme in Communications & PR will provide you with more than just subject-specific and methodological skills. Economics and business are also part of the modular curriculum. The focus is primarily on the targeted use of digital media, the development of communication strategies, and the professional formulation of texts. You will also gain deep insights into media production and deepen your understanding of media law and media psychology. Later, you will also have the option of focusing on corporate communications or marketing communications.
Do you want to know more?
In our free and non-binding information material you will find out everything about:
- Content of your studies
- Admission and application
- Prices in detail
Why you should study at IU
- SALARY INCREASE up to 20%
- By studying at IU International University, you can expect up to 20% more salary in your future career.
- MORE RESPONSIBILITY IN THE JOBS OF THE FUTURE
- The job market is constantly changing - studying with us gives you the perfect preparation for the business world.
- OPTIMAL PROMOTION AND CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
- Start out in the professional world without compromises - no problem with a degree from us.
PR speaker or PR manager
As a PR consultant or PR manager, you are responsible for the positive external perception of companies, authorities, or organisations. You communicate with customers, business partners, and the public. You develop strategies and campaigns, manage budgets, keep in contact with journalists, send press releases, and write editorial articles. You may also be responsible for organising press events, conferences, and trips.
Social media manager
The job of social media manager involves much more than just making a few posts on social networks. To successfully integrate social media into corporate communication, you develop a strategy and an editorial plan. You create high-quality content and write target group-specific posts. It is crucial that you have deep knowledge of your target groups and the current trends. You also use analysis tools to track the success of your measures.
As an editor, you work, for example, in the press, television or the marketing department of a larger company. Your main job is to plan and implement contributions and activities in various media channels. For example, you research topics, write articles or revise and edit text contributions by authors and journalists.
- Corporate publishing
- Media law
- Press strategy and PR controlling
- Social media & mobile marketing
- Digital and mobile campaigns
Our bachelor's degree programs are generally free admission programs. Precondition, in any case, is at least a university entrance qualification in the form of:
- A General qualification diploma or vocational technical diploma
- An entrance qualification for studies at universities of applied sciences
- A master craftsman's diploma
- Or advanced further training
- Or at least two years of vocational training plus at least three years of professional experience.
For detailed information and advice about possible exceptions, please refer to the corresponding subpage of the respective bachelor's degree program.
Have you already completed a vocational training, have you been working professionally for several years or have you been able to successfully complete your studies? Perfect! This is because you can then have certain prior credits and academic achievements specifically recognized to shorten your study time and reduce your tuition fees.
You can find out which of your previous degrees, certificates or professional experience and skills can be credited to you on the websites of the individual course of study or directly from the student advisor for the location you are interested in.
The study that adapts to your life
Request information on the type of study that is best for you.
Study or work? Just do both!
- The perfect way to start your career: study and gain work experience at the same time
- At over 35 locations as well as at the virtual campus
- Regular rotation between theory on campus and practice in the company
- Apply what you have learned directly in practice and have more than three years of professional experience after graduation
Popular degree programs
Marketing - helps to better understand markets, identify customer needs and break through commercial thinking patterns.
Marketing Management – provides the most important tools to successfully inspire customers for a product and make them loyal to a brand in the long term.
Media Design provides sound knowledge in all areas of media design, preparation and transmission of digital information.
What we have to offer
- study programmes to choose from, tailored to your needs
- companies educate with us as practice partners
- locations or study online worldwide
Request free information