YOUR MECHANICAL ENGINEERING STUDIES - WELL EQUIPPED FOR YOUR CAREER.
The Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering prepares you for a future in various industries. Because industrial performance and a world in which technologies are developing rapidly are inconceivable without machines, and hardly any industry can function without them. You will always be confronted with new challenges, simply due to the advancing digitalisation, you will be challenged again and again, and because of this, you will also acquire knowledge in IT and data science during your studies. The Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering enables you to ensure the best possible planning, development and construction of machines in the future.
In your Bachelor's degree programme in Mechanical Engineering at IU International University of Applied Sciences, you will deal with the basics of physics, chemistry and mathematics. You can expect engineering topics such as technical mechanics, materials science, construction and thermodynamics. The curriculum also includes practical knowledge in the areas of IT and data science, as well as methodological and interdisciplinary know-how, such as project management.
Do you want to know more?
In our free and non-binding information material you will find out everything about:
- Content of your studies
- Admission and application
- Prices in detail
Why you should study at IU
- SALARY INCREASE up to 20%
- By studying at IU International University, you can expect up to 20% more salary in your future career.
- MORE RESPONSIBILITY IN THE JOBS OF THE FUTURE
- The job market is constantly changing - studying with us gives you the perfect preparation for the business world.
- OPTIMAL PROMOTION AND CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
- Start out in the professional world without compromises - no problem with a degree from us.
Design engineer (m/f/d)
As a design engineer, you will be responsible for ensuring that designs can be produced from a technical and economic point of view. You will accompany projects from the conceptual design stage through to series production and carry out the computational layout and mechanical design of machines, machine components and systems.
Production engineer (m/f/d)
Technical systems in companies require regular, professional maintenance and control, which you will guarantee as a production engineer. To ensure that everything functions properly, you will take care of maintenance, repair or modernisation, or you will monitor the optimisation of the production quality and productivity of machines in your company.
Production technician (m/f/d)
As a production technician, you will be in charge of the entire production process, which you will plan, control and optimise. Your tasks will also include personnel and machine deployment, quality and environmental management and factory planning. In addition, you will prepare the production documents and plan and optimise production machines and systems.
Our bachelor's degree programs are generally free admission programs. Precondition, in any case, is at least a university entrance qualification in the form of:
- A General qualification diploma or vocational technical diploma
- An entrance qualification for studies at universities of applied sciences
- A master craftsman's diploma
- Or advanced further training
- Or at least two years of vocational training plus at least three years of professional experience.
For detailed information and advice about possible exceptions, please refer to the corresponding subpage of the respective bachelor's degree program.
Have you already completed a vocational training, have you been working professionally for several years or have you been able to successfully complete your studies? Perfect! This is because you can then have certain prior credits and academic achievements specifically recognized to shorten your study time and reduce your tuition fees.
You can find out which of your previous degrees, certificates or professional experience and skills can be credited to you on the websites of the individual course of study or directly from the student advisor for the location you are interested in.
Sounds good? Secure
your study place!
Sounds good? Secure
your study place!
The study that adapts to your life
Request information on the type of study that is best for you.
Study or work? Just do both!
- The perfect way to start your career: study and gain work experience at the same time
- At over 35 locations as well as at the virtual campus
- Regular rotation between theory on campus and practice in the company
- Apply what you have learned directly in practice and have more than three years of professional experience after graduation
Popular degree programs
The Bachelor’s programme in Business Informatics – the most important interface between business administration and IT.
Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen Industrie 4.0
With your Industrial Engineering in the Industry 4.0 course of studies, you will be ready for the digitalisation of entire industry sectors.
IT optimally prepares you for the special topics and future challenges in the IT world.
What we have to offer
- study programmes to choose from, tailored to your needs
- companies educate with us as practice partners
- locations or study online worldwide
Save 1.444€ by 2 December
for a distance learning programme
Save 1.444€ & get a free iPad
by 2 December for distance learning
Request free information