GET MORE INSIGHTS. IN BUILDING MANAGEMENT.
Open the door to a profession offering unexpected opportunities. With your degree in Facility Management at IUBH, you will hold the key to your career in your hand. After all, whether it is industry, trade, banks, administration, organisations, public institutions - they all need facility services nowadays. In other words: the professional, sustainable and efficient management of real estate.
As a generalist in the building sector, you will open up enormous savings potential as a facility manager. You will ensure the functionality and optimise services around buildings and facilities. At the same time, you will use your experience to create efficient concepts on how to make even better use of the entire life cycle of facilities - including technical infrastructures. The focus is also on energy and ecological optimisation.
The bigger the building, the more it needs experts like you. The Bachelor's degree programme in Facility Management at IU will provide you with the necessary skills. You will acquire comprehensive knowledge in the areas of property, facility, object and workplace management. Above all, commercial and business management aspects will be considered. The development and control of strategic measures as well as efficient work processes and organisational structures are also on the curriculum. After successfully completing your Bachelor’s degree in Facility Management, you will be able to coordinate technical and infrastructural facility services with confidence. Would you like to be able to do even more? Then specialise in selected areas during your studies. For example, in Facility Management of industrial plants, in real estate valuation and financing or in real estate law. The great thing about it: After your studies, you will be able to steer your career in such a way that you will either work as a facility manager yourself - or take over the coordination of a team.
Do you want to know more?
In our free and non-binding information material you will find out everything about:
- Content of your studies
- Admission and application
- Prices in detail
Why you should study at IU
- SALARY INCREASE up to 20%
- By studying at IU International University, you can expect up to 20% more salary in your future career.
- MORE RESPONSIBILITY IN THE JOBS OF THE FUTURE
- The job market is constantly changing - studying with us gives you the perfect preparation for the business world.
- OPTIMAL PROMOTION AND CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
- Start out in the professional world without compromises - no problem with a degree from us.
Facility Management Consultant
The core of your job is to ensure professional customer advice in facility management. You are also responsible for the tendering and awarding of services in facility management and take over the commissioning management. But the systematic collection and analysis of building data and management data, as well as benchmarking and optimisation, are also part of the portfolio of a consultant in facility management.
Facility Manager for infrastructure
As a facility manager in infrastructural facility management, you are primarily responsible for customer communication. You look after customers from business, industry, the hotel industry or the public sector in the area of building cleaning. You are also responsible for quality assurance on site and for the cleaning teams. Optimising warehouse logistics and the purchase of materials, as well as training employees, are also part of your job.
Facility Management Sales Manager
Your position as a sales manager in this sector is versatile and exciting, as you have to lead your employees well and have a certain talent for organisation. You will mainly be responsible for the procurement management of consumer goods and organise the use of external service providers. You delegate various tasks, from cleaning windows and interiors to maintaining electricity systems.
- Smart Building
- Computation in Engineering
- Private and Public Building Law
- User Requirements Planning and Space Management
- Building Services Engineering
- BFinancial Accounting
Our bachelor's degree programs are generally free admission programs. Precondition, in any case, is at least a university entrance qualification in the form of:
- A General qualification diploma or vocational technical diploma
- An entrance qualification for studies at universities of applied sciences
- A master craftsman's diploma
- Or advanced further training
- Or at least two years of vocational training plus at least three years of professional experience.
For detailed information and advice about possible exceptions, please refer to the corresponding subpage of the respective bachelor's degree program.
Have you already completed a vocational training, have you been working professionally for several years or have you been able to successfully complete your studies? Perfect! This is because you can then have certain prior credits and academic achievements specifically recognized to shorten your study time and reduce your tuition fees.
You can find out which of your previous degrees, certificates or professional experience and skills can be credited to you on the websites of the individual course of study or directly from the student advisor for the location you are interested in.
The study that adapts to your life
Request information on the type of study that is best for you.
For maximum flexibility and maximum success - study 100% online
- Ideal for graduating with maximum flexibility: study when, where and how you want.
- 100% online study - no compulsory attendance and optionally full or part-time
- Take exams online or locally if you wish
- Maximum support from tutors, professors and study coaches
Study or work? Just do both!
- The perfect way to start your career: study and gain work experience at the same time
- At over 35 locations as well as at the virtual campus
- Regular rotation between theory on campus and practice in the company
- Apply what you have learned directly in practice and have more than three years of professional experience after graduation
Popular degree programs
Real Estate Management – deals with technical principles as well as current challenges and trends in the construction industry.
Bachelor’s programme in Real Estate– opens doors and professional opportunities.
Architecture offers the perfect combination of creativity and solid engineering knowledge for small and large construction projects.
What we have to offer
- study programmes to choose from, tailored to your needs
- companies educate with us as practice partners
- locations or study online worldwide
Request free information
You'll find all of the important information about your study programme and IU International University of Applied Sciences in your personal brochure.