Bachelor's in Health Psychology: Success begins in the mind.
Common sense is one thing. A healthy lifestyle in another. Unhealthy behaviour, stress, or illnesses do not necessarily have their root causes on medical or biological aspects. Psychological and social factors can play an important role as well. During the Bachelor's Programme in Health Psychology at IU, you will learn, among other things, how to develop individual therapies and evaluate evidence-based interventions. You will acquire all necessary fundamentals for a career in clinical, professional, or digital health care.
The content of the IU Bachelor's programme in Health Psychology is based on the recommendations of the German Central Evaluation Centre for Prevention. In addition to anatomical-medical and social-health fundamentals, you will also acquire interdisciplinary knowledge. Psychological-diagnostic skills for preventing and coping with stress, addiction, and immunological diseases are also an important part of the curriculum. You will then be able to choose to specialise in areas such as health and coaching, M-health, and health management.
Do you want to know more?
In our free and non-binding information material you will find out everything about:
- Content of your studies
- Admission and application
- Prices in detail
Why you should study at IU
- SALARY INCREASE up to 20%
- By studying at IU International University, you can expect up to 20% more salary in your future career.
- MORE RESPONSIBILITY IN THE JOBS OF THE FUTURE
- The job market is constantly changing - studying with us gives you the perfect preparation for the business world.
- OPTIMAL PROMOTION AND CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
- Start out in the professional world without compromises - no problem with a degree from us.
Expert in M-Health intervention
M-Health (mobile health) refers to the use of mobile devices to support the medical context in the area of e-health (electronic health). The mobility that e-health applications brings along provides the benefit of flexibility. As an expert for M-Health interventions, you ensure that care is always patient-driven. You are interested in optimising processes and saving costs. Since M-Health patients actively have access to their own care, the industry is an innovative pacesetter in health and prevention.
What keeps people healthy? This question is the crucial starting point for your work as a health consultant. You primarily work with people who want to maintain their health, avoid risk factors, and prevent diseases. You provide detailed information and advice on healthy lifestyles and develop personalised nutrition and treatment strategies. Advice and measures on how to live a healthier life with the help of current trends, digital media, or gadgets are also part of a health consultant’s know-how.
Consultant for health and prevention
Promoting health is the most important task in your day-to-day work in this industry. You can work as a consultant, for example for health insurance companies, or in the area of further education and training to create health-promoting working and living conditions by (re)designing structures and processes.
- Anatomy and physiology
- Introduction to psychology
- Introduction to health management
- Health, stress, and sleep
- Chronic diseases and rehabilitation
Our bachelor's degree programs are generally free admission programs. Precondition, in any case, is at least a university entrance qualification in the form of:
- A General qualification diploma or vocational technical diploma
- An entrance qualification for studies at universities of applied sciences
- A master craftsman's diploma
- Or advanced further training
- Or at least two years of vocational training plus at least three years of professional experience.
For detailed information and advice about possible exceptions, please refer to the corresponding subpage of the respective bachelor's degree program.
Have you already completed a vocational training, have you been working professionally for several years or have you been able to successfully complete your studies? Perfect! This is because you can then have certain prior credits and academic achievements specifically recognized to shorten your study time and reduce your tuition fees.
You can find out which of your previous degrees, certificates or professional experience and skills can be credited to you on the websites of the individual course of study or directly from the student advisor for the location you are interested in.
The study that adapts to your life
Request information on the type of study that is best for you.
For maximum flexibility and maximum success - study 100% online
- Ideal for graduating with maximum flexibility: study when, where and how you want.
- 100% online study - no compulsory attendance and optionally full or part-time
- Take exams online or locally if you wish
- Maximum support from tutors, professors and study coaches
Flexibility and clear structures - cleverly combined
- Perfect to take your career to the next level: Study while working
- Possible at 14 locations as well as at the virtual campus
- Mix of flexible online modules and regular classes
- Choose your own pace in online studies and deepen your knowledge with the help of experienced professors on campus
Popular degree programs
Social work represents the best possible preparation for ensuring social justice and equal opportunities for children, young people and adults in all life situations.
Health management enables people to convince themselves to maintain and improve their health.
Nutrition science deals with the composition and effects of nutrition and gets to the bottom of diet-related diseases.
What we have to offer
- study programmes to choose from, tailored to your needs
- companies educate with us as practice partners
- locations or study online worldwide
Request free information
You'll find all of the important information about your study programme and IU International University of Applied Sciences in your personal brochure.