Bachelor in Computer Science, networking people and technology in an intelligent way.
Smartphone, Smart Home, and Smart Automotive, modern technologies have become an integral part of our everyday life. The same applies to IT experts, without whom nothing would work in many areas. With increasing digitalisation and networking, IT is becoming one of the most crucial linchpins of business and science. Across all industries, trained specialists who are well acquainted with topics such as Big Data, software engineering, web development, or user interface design are in great demand. As a graduate of the Bachelor's Programme in Computer Science at the IU, you can expect plenty of opportunities and an extremely attractive salary.
The IU Bachelor's programme in Computer Science has been developed following the recommendations of the Gesellschaft für Informatik e.V. (GI). This ensures that you are taught solid basic knowledge in software engineering, as well as mathematical, scientific, and technical basics. This broad knowledge will enable you to develop and implement complete projects. Business management know-how and interdisciplinary core competencies open up attractive job prospects, for example in the areas of IT security, data analytics, and artificial intelligence.
Do you want to know more?
In our free and non-binding information material you will find out everything about:
- Content of your studies
- Admission and application
- Prices in detail
Why you should study at IU
- SALARY INCREASE up to 20%
- By studying at IU International University, you can expect up to 20% more salary in your future career.
- MORE RESPONSIBILITY IN THE JOBS OF THE FUTURE
- The job market is constantly changing - studying with us gives you the perfect preparation for the business world.
- OPTIMAL PROMOTION AND CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
- Start out in the professional world without compromises - no problem with a degree from us.
As a data scientist, you will work at the intersection among computer science, mathematics, business administration, and statistics. Your goal is to use your company's collected data to derive profitable insights. You are responsible for evaluating the data and interpreting it in the right business context.
As an IT consultant, you advise companies on IT projects. For example, you support the implementation of a cloud infrastructure or the introduction and maintenance of IT systems. You are involved at all stages in projects from planning to implementation. Your goal is to improve applications and processes, making IT-supported workflows more effective.
As a software developer, you develop and implement software, from individual components to complete applications. Coordinating with users from different departments, you programme solutions that are tailored to the respective needs and requirements. This requires always taking into account the economic framework conditions and making sure that the solutions meet these conditions.
- Introduction to the Internet of Things
- Requirement engineering
- Data Analytics and Big Data
- Data modelling and database systems
- IT project management
- Artificial Intelligence
Our bachelor's degree programs are generally free admission programs. Precondition, in any case, is at least a university entrance qualification in the form of:
- A General qualification diploma or vocational technical diploma
- An entrance qualification for studies at universities of applied sciences
- A master craftsman's diploma
- Or advanced further training
- Or at least two years of vocational training plus at least three years of professional experience.
For detailed information and advice about possible exceptions, please refer to the corresponding subpage of the respective bachelor's degree program.
Have you already completed a vocational training, have you been working professionally for several years or have you been able to successfully complete your studies? Perfect! This is because you can then have certain prior credits and academic achievements specifically recognized to shorten your study time and reduce your tuition fees.
You can find out which of your previous degrees, certificates or professional experience and skills can be credited to you on the websites of the individual course of study or directly from the student advisor for the location you are interested in.
The study that adapts to your life
Request information on the type of study that is best for you.
For maximum flexibility and maximum success - study 100% online
- Ideal for graduating with maximum flexibility: study when, where and how you want.
- 100% online study - no compulsory attendance and optionally full or part-time
- Take exams online or locally if you wish
- Maximum support from tutors, professors and study coaches
Flexibility and clear structures - cleverly combined
- Perfect to take your career to the next level: Study while working
- Possible at 14 locations as well as at the virtual campus
- Mix of flexible online modules and regular classes
- Choose your own pace in online studies and deepen your knowledge with the help of experienced professors on campus
Study the way you want after graduating from high school. Campus or online - you decide.
- Study on campus or participate in online events
- Studying abroad or living at home for the first few semesters? Check!
- Great additional offers from coaches to events in the Study Café
- Currently for 13 study programs at 4 locations as well as at the virtual campus
Study or work? Just do both!
- The perfect way to start your career: study and gain work experience at the same time
- At over 35 locations as well as at the virtual campus
- Regular rotation between theory on campus and practice in the company
- Apply what you have learned directly in practice and have more than three years of professional experience after graduation
Popular degree programs
The Bachelor’s programme in Business Informatics – the most important interface between business administration and IT.
Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen Industrie 4.0
With your Industrial Engineering in the Industry 4.0 course of studies, you will be ready for the digitalisation of entire industry sectors.
Digital Business – teaches business fundamentals for the successful digitisation of business models.
What we have to offer
- study programmes to choose from, tailored to your needs
- companies educate with us as practice partners
- locations or study online worldwide
Request free information