Bachelor’s in Communications Design – an ambassador for creative ideas and concepts.
Are you creative, can use the latest technology, and convince people with your solutions-oriented way of thinking? Then you are the perfect candidate for a career in the communications and media landscape. As a Bachelor’s degree student in Communications Design at IU, you will learn the important aspects of implementing creative concepts. You will learn to develop cross-media strategies and to convey complex messages in a wide variety of communication channels. Also, you will carry out your own projects so that you can later get off to a successful start with practical skills in the communications and media landscape.
The IU Bachelor’s degree programme in Communications Design will provide you with a broad range of theoretical knowledge, application-oriented abilities, and design skills. This includes all relevant areas of visual and digital communication - from print and online media to film and television to art and presentation. You can apply the theoretical knowledge you have gained in a practical manner in numerous projects and deepen it even further, for example in the areas of audio-visual design, educational design, spatial design, or cross-media design.
Do you want to know more?
In our free and non-binding information material you will find out everything about:
- Content of your studies
- Admission and application
- Prices in detail
Why you should study at IU
- SALARY INCREASE up to 20%
- By studying at IU International University, you can expect up to 20% more salary in your future career.
- MORE RESPONSIBILITY IN THE JOBS OF THE FUTURE
- The job market is constantly changing - studying with us gives you the perfect preparation for the business world.
- OPTIMAL PROMOTION AND CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
- Start out in the professional world without compromises - no problem with a degree from us.
As a communications designer, you are both the creative and strategic mind behind colourful advertising messages. Your job is to plan, shape, and design media of all kinds, for example, advertisements, posters, and banners for the internet. However, you do much more than just design, you also provide advice to your clients. This involves understanding your client’s communication strategy and being informed on current trends. To work as a communications designer, you should have professional expertise, creativity, a sense of aesthetics, a knack for details, and great communication skills.
As a web designer, you are responsible for the conception and graphic design of websites as well as user experience. You determine the basic style of the pages, work out a basic framework, and plan images, animations, and graphics. To successfully achieve this, you bring both creative and technical skills with you. HTML, CSS and Java are just as much a part of your everyday work as Photoshop and Illustrator. You are interested in continuously educating yourself because the online world never stands still. There are constantly new trends and developments that are important for your work.
Illustrators create images for different media such as books, games, magazines, or websites. You have a talent for drawing and are familiar with analogue and digital techniques for putting pictures on paper or on the screen. As an illustrator, you can either work as a freelancer or be employed by a publisher or company. The challenge is to follow your imagination, while also accepting and implementing customer requests.
- Basics of print and layout systems
- Corporate design
- Communications and public relations
- Media law
- User interface design
Our bachelor's degree programs are generally free admission programs. Precondition, in any case, is at least a university entrance qualification in the form of:
- A General qualification diploma or vocational technical diploma
- An entrance qualification for studies at universities of applied sciences
- A master craftsman's diploma
- Or advanced further training
- Or at least two years of vocational training plus at least three years of professional experience.
For detailed information and advice about possible exceptions, please refer to the corresponding subpage of the respective bachelor's degree program.
Have you already completed a vocational training, have you been working professionally for several years or have you been able to successfully complete your studies? Perfect! This is because you can then have certain prior credits and academic achievements specifically recognized to shorten your study time and reduce your tuition fees.
You can find out which of your previous degrees, certificates or professional experience and skills can be credited to you on the websites of the individual course of study or directly from the student advisor for the location you are interested in.
The study that adapts to your life
Request information on the type of study that is best for you.
For maximum flexibility and maximum success - study 100% online
- Ideal for graduating with maximum flexibility: study when, where and how you want.
- 100% online study - no compulsory attendance and optionally full or part-time
- Take exams online or locally if you wish
- Maximum support from tutors, professors and study coaches
Popular degree programs
Media Design provides sound knowledge in all areas of media design, preparation and transmission of digital information.
Media informatics deals with the most important challenges surrounding the design and implementation of interactive tools, apps, and digital media offers.
Media Management – practical tools and strategies prepare you for current and future challenges in the media industry.
What we have to offer
- study programmes to choose from, tailored to your needs
- companies educate with us as practice partners
- locations or study online worldwide
Request free information
You'll find all of the important information about your study programme and IU International University of Applied Sciences in your personal brochure.