With an Bachelor’s degree in Business Law you will ensure law and order.
Issues in labour, contract, and consumer protection law will continue to increase as globalisation advances. That is why lawyers will be needed desperately in future. However, if studying law is too dry for you, you can also work as a specialist in business law to ensure law and order. The Bachelor in Business Law provides you with the necessary fundamentals from business administration and law. The specialist knowledge you gain will enable you, for example, to take on important positions in large corporate legal departments, negotiate contracts with business partners, or examine legal risks.
The modular IU University Business Law programme not only teaches you well-founded legal and business basics. You can also acquire specific specialist knowledge in selected areas as excellent set up for different challenges in various economic and corporate areas. Whether on a domestic or international stage, as a specialist in legal issues you will, for example, take on important tasks in international management, corporate communications, or human resources.
Do you want to know more?
In our free and non-binding information material you will find out everything about:
- Content of your studies
- Admission and application
- Prices in detail
Why you should study at IU
- SALARY INCREASE up to 20%
- By studying at IU International University, you can expect up to 20% more salary in your future career.
- MORE RESPONSIBILITY IN THE JOBS OF THE FUTURE
- The job market is constantly changing - studying with us gives you the perfect preparation for the business world.
- OPTIMAL PROMOTION AND CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
- Start out in the professional world without compromises - no problem with a degree from us.
Head of Legal Department
As the head of a legal department, you will take on technical and personal responsibility for the legal department in larger companies or public administration. You are responsible for clarifying legal questions and advising other departments on legal issues.
Head of Contract Law
In contract law, you check the effectiveness of contractual clauses, analyse whether contractual provisions are practically enforceable, and assess possible litigation risks. You will also draft various types of contracts and act in an advisory capacity.
Head of Human Resources
Since legal issues also play a major role in HR work, specialists with legal knowledge are often employed in this field. Your task is to analyse the plans and goals of your company and check their enforceability under labour law. You will need to identify and resolve legal problems. More specifically, your duties include drawing up employment contracts, negotiating with the works council, and legally assessing questions related to collective bargaining law.
- Introduction to commercial law
- Bookkeeping and accounting
- Law of obligations
- International contract management
- Human resources
- Corporate data protection
Our bachelor's degree programs are generally free admission programs. Precondition, in any case, is at least a university entrance qualification in the form of:
- A General qualification diploma or vocational technical diploma
- An entrance qualification for studies at universities of applied sciences
- A master craftsman's diploma
- Or advanced further training
- Or at least two years of vocational training plus at least three years of professional experience.
For detailed information and advice about possible exceptions, please refer to the corresponding subpage of the respective bachelor's degree program.
Have you already completed a vocational training, have you been working professionally for several years or have you been able to successfully complete your studies? Perfect! This is because you can then have certain prior credits and academic achievements specifically recognized to shorten your study time and reduce your tuition fees.
You can find out which of your previous degrees, certificates or professional experience and skills can be credited to you on the websites of the individual course of study or directly from the student advisor for the location you are interested in.
The study that adapts to your life
Request information on the type of study that is best for you.
For maximum flexibility and maximum success - study 100% online
- Ideal for graduating with maximum flexibility: study when, where and how you want.
- 100% online study - no compulsory attendance and optionally full or part-time
- Take exams online or locally if you wish
- Maximum support from tutors, professors and study coaches
Popular degree programs
Pädagogik für Bildung, Beratung und Personalentwicklung
Pedagogy for Education, Counselling and Human Ressources Development - provides you with the necessary know-how for counselling and further training for adults and lifelong learning.
You would absolutely like to study Public Management because you do not want to leave anything to chance in your life. With pleasure!
New Work - The perfect foundation for designing agile work environments and supporting digital transformation processes in companies and organisations.
What we have to offer
- study programmes to choose from, tailored to your needs
- companies educate with us as practice partners
- locations or study online worldwide
Request free information
You'll find all of the important information about your study programme and IU International University of Applied Sciences in your personal brochure.