The entire world is in your reach with a Bachelor’s degree in Tourism Management.
Business trips, cruises or personal travel: As an expert in the tourism industry, you will make sure your customers will successfully get to their destination and have an unforgettable time. There are hardly any limits to your career opportunities, from planning complete holiday trips to marketing entire holiday regions.The Bachelor’s degree programme in Tourism Management will teach you the most important business basics to let you manage all kinds of jobs and challenges in the travel industry and tourism management. It will provide you with valuable know-how you will later use to develop tailor-made travel offers and unique services.
If you want to take on responsibilities in the tourism industry, the IU University degree programme in Tourism Management will offer you the perfect preparation. In addition to business basics in the areas of marketing and destination management, you will also acquire necessary industry knowledge and legal know-how. You will hear about current trends, develop digital business models, and learn more about sustainability and quality management in tourism. You will also have the chance to further specialise in selected areas so to enjoy a successful career in health tourism or cruise tourism, for example.
Do you want to know more?
In our free and non-binding information material you will find out everything about:
- Content of your studies
- Admission and application
- Prices in detail
Why you should study at IU
- SALARY INCREASE up to 20%
- By studying at IU International University, you can expect up to 20% more salary in your future career.
- MORE RESPONSIBILITY IN THE JOBS OF THE FUTURE
- The job market is constantly changing - studying with us gives you the perfect preparation for the business world.
- OPTIMAL PROMOTION AND CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
- Start out in the professional world without compromises - no problem with a degree from us.
Product Manager for tour operators
As a product manager at a tour operator, you are responsible for creating travel offers. This job usually implies constant travelling to foreign destinations to assess the locations. You must inspect, monitor and assess hotel facilities, leisure facilities and the infrastructure so you can create suitable tourism offers for your target group.
Destination managers maintain relationships with the administration, municipality and retailers at resorts, as well as the local hotel and restaurant businesses. In doing so, you strive to establish a partnership among all those involved. You organise and market tourist destinations at home and abroad to make them attractive holiday destinations for travellers. At the same time, you take care of incorporating the various interests of everyone involved in the design of a holiday destination.
Travel sales Manager
Whether for backpackers or cultural tourists, as a travel sales manager, you make your customers’ travel dreams come true. You can plan the right trip for every taste and budget. You are responsible for the entire process of travel sales and are the contact person for your customers. You take care of everything, from the initial discussion to travel planning, budgeting, preparing offers, signing contracts, and organising the return from an unforgettable trip.
- Tourism marketing
- Project management
- Travel planning and development
- Tourism law
- Sales in the hotel and tourism industry
- Tour operator and travel agent management
Our bachelor's degree programs are generally free admission programs. Precondition, in any case, is at least a university entrance qualification in the form of:
- A General qualification diploma or vocational technical diploma
- An entrance qualification for studies at universities of applied sciences
- A master craftsman's diploma
- Or advanced further training
- Or at least two years of vocational training plus at least three years of professional experience.
For detailed information and advice about possible exceptions, please refer to the corresponding subpage of the respective bachelor's degree program.
Have you already completed a vocational training, have you been working professionally for several years or have you been able to successfully complete your studies? Perfect! This is because you can then have certain prior credits and academic achievements specifically recognized to shorten your study time and reduce your tuition fees.
You can find out which of your previous degrees, certificates or professional experience and skills can be credited to you on the websites of the individual course of study or directly from the student advisor for the location you are interested in.
The study that adapts to your life
Request information on the type of study that is best for you.
For maximum flexibility and maximum success - study 100% online
- Ideal for graduating with maximum flexibility: study when, where and how you want.
- 100% online study - no compulsory attendance and optionally full or part-time
- Take exams online or locally if you wish
- Maximum support from tutors, professors and study coaches
Study or work? Just do both!
- The perfect way to start your career: study and gain work experience at the same time
- At over 35 locations as well as at the virtual campus
- Regular rotation between theory on campus and practice in the company
- Apply what you have learned directly in practice and have more than three years of professional experience after graduation
Popular degree programs
What we have to offer
- study programmes to choose from, tailored to your needs
- companies educate with us as practice partners
- locations or study online worldwide
Request free information
You'll find all of the important information about your study programme and IU International University of Applied Sciences in your personal brochure.