LEARN FOR LIFE. AND FOR HAPPY CHILDREN.
Are you passionate about education and supporting children? If this is the case, you should take on an active part in their educational and developmental process. With a degree in Childhood Education Studies, you can work closely with educators and have the chance to reach senior positions as well. Additionally, you’ll be creating innovative ways of supporting children. Thanks to your knowledge, you can accompany children throughout their education and development, as well as offer equal opportunities as well as protection from violence and marginalisation for both families and children.
The Bachelor’s degree in Childhood Education at IUBH gives you the fundamental knowledge in fields like childcare, education, and upbringing. You will deal intensively with socio-pedagogical topics but also dive deep into the foundations of psychology and neurobiology, which are important for understanding early childhood development. After finishing your studies within childhood education, you receive the title of “publicly recognised childhood pedagogue”. Then you’re able to support families as well as educational institutions within development and promotion of important competences on in the areas of relationships and upbringing.
Do you want to know more?
In our free and non-binding information material you will find out everything about:
- Content of your studies
- Admission and application
- Prices in detail
Why you should study at IU
- SALARY INCREASE up to 20%
- By studying at IU International University, you can expect up to 20% more salary in your future career.
- MORE RESPONSIBILITY IN THE JOBS OF THE FUTURE
- The job market is constantly changing - studying with us gives you the perfect preparation for the business world.
- OPTIMAL PROMOTION AND CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
- Start out in the professional world without compromises - no problem with a degree from us.
As a childhood educator, you are an expert in the development, upbringing, and education of children. You develop concepts to support children, advise parents on educational issues, or take on leadership roles in educational institutions. Childhood educators work primarily in social institutions such as kindergartens, daycare centres, preschools or after-school care. You also have the opportunity to work in various counselling centres, for example, for child and family development.
In a management role in a daycare centre, you are a key contact point and provide trust to children and their parents. The job focuses on the loving and caring interaction with children as well as promoting their intellectual and social skills. You make a major contribution to integration and identify or resolve behaviour-related issues cooperatively with parents, siblings, and therapists. As a manager, you also take on important administrative tasks, manage staff, and develop activities and individual programmes at the daycare centre.
More and more educational counselling centres have specialised in developing new concepts for working with parents and are increasingly supporting families with babies and young children. As an educational counsellor, you make use of your knowledge in development and psychology and support the creation of programmes and preventive measures. You can also work as a counsellor in the field of youth welfare and family courts and support family court proceedings with your specialised expertise.
- Early Childhood Development
- Basics in Psychology and Neurobiology
- Didactics of Childhood Education
- Intergration and Migration
- Quality Management in social work
- Child Protection
Our bachelor's degree programs are generally free admission programs. Precondition, in any case, is at least a university entrance qualification in the form of:
- A General qualification diploma or vocational technical diploma
- An entrance qualification for studies at universities of applied sciences
- A master craftsman's diploma
- Or advanced further training
- Or at least two years of vocational training plus at least three years of professional experience.
For detailed information and advice about possible exceptions, please refer to the corresponding subpage of the respective bachelor's degree program.
Have you already completed a vocational training, have you been working professionally for several years or have you been able to successfully complete your studies? Perfect! This is because you can then have certain prior credits and academic achievements specifically recognized to shorten your study time and reduce your tuition fees.
You can find out which of your previous degrees, certificates or professional experience and skills can be credited to you on the websites of the individual course of study or directly from the student advisor for the location you are interested in.
The study that adapts to your life
Request information on the type of study that is best for you.
For maximum flexibility and maximum success - study 100% online
- Ideal for graduating with maximum flexibility: study when, where and how you want.
- 100% online study - no compulsory attendance and optionally full or part-time
- Take exams online or locally if you wish
- Maximum support from tutors, professors and study coaches
Flexibility and clear structures - cleverly combined
- Perfect to take your career to the next level: Study while working
- Possible at 14 locations as well as at the virtual campus
- Mix of flexible online modules and regular classes
- Choose your own pace in online studies and deepen your knowledge with the help of experienced professors on campus
Study or work? Just do both!
- The perfect way to start your career: study and gain work experience at the same time
- At over 35 locations as well as at the virtual campus
- Regular rotation between theory on campus and practice in the company
- Apply what you have learned directly in practice and have more than three years of professional experience after graduation
Popular degree programs
Social work represents the best possible preparation for ensuring social justice and equal opportunities for children, young people and adults in all life situations.
Business Psychology – excellent preparation for better understanding and positively influencing people’s thinking, experience, action, and decision-making.
Your Psychology degree will make you think further and deeper in order to understand human behaviour and provide individual counselling.
What we have to offer
- study programmes to choose from, tailored to your needs
- companies educate with us as practice partners
- locations or study online worldwide
Request free information
You'll find all of the important information about your study programme and IU International University of Applied Sciences in your personal brochure.