Bachelor Architecture, a degree that can be built upon
Do you desire to design living spaces and make a real home out of four simple walls? Then the bachelor's programme in Architecture at the IU University is just the right tool for you. From virtual design to the right presentation and the implementation of your ideas and concepts, you will acquire the most significant professional skills. You will possess the skills to successfully coordinate and supervise construction projects of various types and sizes. As a project manager in architectural offices, the public sector, or the building industry, you will impress thanks to deep knowledge about all forms of energy, sustainability, and intercultural issues.
Alongside providing you with the important specialist skills, the IU Bachelor of Architecture also trains you in the fields of urban planning, construction technology, and construction management. Moreover, you will acquire skills in virtual concept development, design, and implementation of construction projects of all kinds. Business management, technical, and historical basics are also part of the curriculum. Building on this and to further develop your expertise, you can specialise in areas such as building information modelling, smart building, and sustainable building.
Do you want to know more?
In our free and non-binding information material you will find out everything about:
- Content of your studies
- Admission and application
- Prices in detail
Why you should study at IU
- SALARY INCREASE up to 20%
- By studying at IU International University, you can expect up to 20% more salary in your future career.
- MORE RESPONSIBILITY IN THE JOBS OF THE FUTURE
- The job market is constantly changing - studying with us gives you the perfect preparation for the business world.
- OPTIMAL PROMOTION AND CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
- Start out in the professional world without compromises - no problem with a degree from us.
Project managers in the field of architecture are good at working with people and are proficient in the language of architecture. They generally lead an interdisciplinary planning team while supporting their projects, with regular coordination with the client. Project managers also take over staff assignments and delegate tasks within projects. They ensure the timely, technical and economical handling of the project at all stages.
Architect in the public sector
Whether schools, gyms, baths, museums or libraries, architecture graduates can also carry out exciting projects in the public sector. In addition to constructing new buildings, you are in demand as an expert in renovation and modernisation, building management, and monument protection. Architects in the public sector have the skills to convey their creative ideas to sceptical clients. After all, cities and municipalities must pay particular attention to the costs of building projects. These architects are creative minds with a great talent to convince clients with their commitment and persistence.
- Building construction basics
- Building history
- Structural design
- Building physics
- Building technology
Our bachelor's degree programs are generally free admission programs. Precondition, in any case, is at least a university entrance qualification in the form of:
- A General qualification diploma or vocational technical diploma
- An entrance qualification for studies at universities of applied sciences
- A master craftsman's diploma
- Or advanced further training
- Or at least two years of vocational training plus at least three years of professional experience.
For detailed information and advice about possible exceptions, please refer to the corresponding subpage of the respective bachelor's degree program.
Have you already completed a vocational training, have you been working professionally for several years or have you been able to successfully complete your studies? Perfect! This is because you can then have certain prior credits and academic achievements specifically recognized to shorten your study time and reduce your tuition fees.
You can find out which of your previous degrees, certificates or professional experience and skills can be credited to you on the websites of the individual course of study or directly from the student advisor for the location you are interested in.
The study that adapts to your life
Request information on the type of study that is best for you.
For maximum flexibility and maximum success - study 100% online
- Ideal for graduating with maximum flexibility: study when, where and how you want.
- 100% online study - no compulsory attendance and optionally full or part-time
- Take exams online or locally if you wish
- Maximum support from tutors, professors and study coaches
Flexibility and clear structures - cleverly combined
- Perfect to take your career to the next level: Study while working
- Possible at 14 locations as well as at the virtual campus
- Mix of flexible online modules and regular classes
- Choose your own pace in online studies and deepen your knowledge with the help of experienced professors on campus
Study or work? Just do both!
- The perfect way to start your career: study and gain work experience at the same time
- At over 35 locations as well as at the virtual campus
- Regular rotation between theory on campus and practice in the company
- Apply what you have learned directly in practice and have more than three years of professional experience after graduation
Popular degree programs
Real Estate Management – deals with technical principles as well as current challenges and trends in the construction industry.
Bachelor’s programme in Real Estate – opens doors and professional opportunities.
Civil engineering approaches the construction of projects in a scientific and analytic manner and supports the work in interdisciplinary teams.
What we have to offer
- study programmes to choose from, tailored to your needs
- companies educate with us as practice partners
- locations or study online worldwide
“At IU, I can combine an online course perfectly with regular on-site attendance at the campus.“
Request free information