DESIGN YOUR LIFE. WITH YOUR MEDIA DESIGN STUDIES.
You want to design digital and analogue communication worlds? You wish to provide services, products and entire companies with an unmistakable image? Then the Bachelor's programme in Media Design at IU International University of Applied Sciences will teach you what creative skills you will need for that cross-media strategies and concepts are as much a part of your daily work as web design, video editing and app development. Whether it’s an online or printed version, all areas of media design will be part of your job. You will acquire all creative specialist skills that are very much needed in traditional advertising or media agencies as well as in publishing houses or television.
Distance learning, dual studies or part-time studies? The IU Bachelor's degree programme in Media Design will provide you with comprehensive skills in the most diverse areas of media design. In addition to theoretical methods of visual communication, the curriculum focuses on the practical implementation of projects. In this way, you will not only develop ideas but also directly implement your own concepts with the help of the latest software solutions. By doing so, you will collect first works for your very individual design portfolio, which will make your career start as a media designer much easier.
Do you want to know more?
In our free and non-binding information material you will find out everything about:
- Content of your studies
- Admission and application
- Prices in detail
Why you should study at IU
- SALARY INCREASE up to 20%
- By studying at IU International University, you can expect up to 20% more salary in your future career.
- MORE RESPONSIBILITY IN THE JOBS OF THE FUTURE
- The job market is constantly changing - studying with us gives you the perfect preparation for the business world.
- OPTIMAL PROMOTION AND CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
- Start out in the professional world without compromises - no problem with a degree from us.
As a screen designer, you are responsible for the design and graphic implementation of digital user interfaces. This includes the design of the layouts, animations, sound and advertising. You work closely with programmers and graphic designers. You have a lot of opportunities to bring your creativity and artistic talent to bear in your everyday work. You make sure to prepare information in a comprehensible and structured way to make it as easily accessible to users as possible.
As a media designer in the print industry, you play a key role in ensuring that print products such as magazines, posters, or flyers reach retailers, trade fairs, and your customers. You are responsible for the creative conception and implementation of these products. Your job requires coordinating with other departments and customers and working on the end product with various programmes such as Photoshop and InDesign.
Motion design combines traditional graphic design and classic audio-visual disciplines with modern digital technology. As a motion designer, you work at the intersection among art, design, advertising, animation, technology, and film. Your job is to translate information, messages, stories, ideas, concepts, strategies, and brands into moving audio-visual products that attract attention and interest and entertain, surprise, and inspire people. Motion design is mainly used in film and television, but its importance is growing in industries such as publishing, advertising, branding, corporate identity, the internet, and games industry, as well as culture and architecture.
- Design of interactive media
- User Interface Design
- Digital media formats
- Image and video editing
- Media law
Our bachelor's degree programs are generally free admission programs. Precondition, in any case, is at least a university entrance qualification in the form of:
- A General qualification diploma or vocational technical diploma
- An entrance qualification for studies at universities of applied sciences
- A master craftsman's diploma
- Or advanced further training
- Or at least two years of vocational training plus at least three years of professional experience.
For detailed information and advice about possible exceptions, please refer to the corresponding subpage of the respective bachelor's degree program.
Have you already completed a vocational training, have you been working professionally for several years or have you been able to successfully complete your studies? Perfect! This is because you can then have certain prior credits and academic achievements specifically recognized to shorten your study time and reduce your tuition fees.
You can find out which of your previous degrees, certificates or professional experience and skills can be credited to you on the websites of the individual course of study or directly from the student advisor for the location you are interested in.
Sounds good? Secure
your study place!
Sounds good? Secure
your study place!
The study that adapts to your life
Request information on the type of study that is best for you.
For maximum flexibility and maximum success - study 100% online
- Ideal for graduating with maximum flexibility: study when, where and how you want.
- 100% online study - no compulsory attendance and optionally full or part-time
- Take exams online or locally if you wish
- Maximum support from tutors, professors and study coaches
Flexibility and clear structures - cleverly combined
- Perfect to take your career to the next level: Study while working
- Possible at 14 locations as well as at the virtual campus
- Mix of flexible online modules and regular classes
- Choose your own pace in online studies and deepen your knowledge with the help of experienced professors on campus
Study the way you want after graduating from high school. Campus or online - you decide.
- Study on campus or participate in online events
- Studying abroad or living at home for the first few semesters? Check!
- Great additional offers from coaches to events in the Study Café
- Currently for 13 study programs at 4 locations as well as at the virtual campus
Study or work? Just do both!
- The perfect way to start your career: study and gain work experience at the same time
- At over 35 locations as well as at the virtual campus
- Regular rotation between theory on campus and practice in the company
- Apply what you have learned directly in practice and have more than three years of professional experience after graduation
Popular degree programs
Communications design - ensures that even complex information and messages are conveyed and understood in various channels.
Media informatics deals with the most important challenges surrounding the design and implementation of interactive tools, apps, and digital media offers.
Media Management – practical tools and strategies prepare you for current and future challenges in the media industry.
What we have to offer
- study programmes to choose from, tailored to your needs
- companies educate with us as practice partners
- locations or study online worldwide
Save 1.444€ by 2 December
for a distance learning programme
Save 1.444€ & get a free iPad
by 2 December for distance learning
“At IU, I can combine an online course perfectly with regular on-site attendance at the campus.“
Request free information