FASHION MANAGEMENT STUDIES - YOUR EYE FOR TRENDS & FUTURE.
Clothes design , haute couture and catwalks: The fashion world is one thing above all else – a tough business. Young fashion designers, new business models and short-term collections have changed the traditional fashion market. Topics such as e-commerce, fashion brand management and fashion shopping are absolutely in vogue now. As a graduate of the IU Bachelor’s degree programme in Fashion Management, you will have the expertise you need to develop new future-oriented strategies and sustainable fashion collections. And most importantly, you will learn to take on responsibilities in the business – as a product manager, fashion buyer or e-commerce manager.
The degree programme in Fashion ; anagement will provide you with business management skills for the fashion industry. The focus of the programme is primarily on various aspects and areas related to management – from supply chain management to quality management. Topics such as digitisation and sustainability also play a major role. Developing your own fashion business plan is part of the curriculum. During your studies, you will have the chance to specialise in particular areas of the fashion industry based on your interests, such as product management, store and sales management, e-commerce, marketing management or fashion purchasing.
Do you want to know more?
In our free and non-binding information material you will find out everything about:
- Content of your studies
- Admission and application
- Prices in detail
Why you should study at IU
- SALARY INCREASE up to 20%
- By studying at IU International University, you can expect up to 20% more salary in your future career.
- MORE RESPONSIBILITY IN THE JOBS OF THE FUTURE
- The job market is constantly changing - studying with us gives you the perfect preparation for the business world.
- OPTIMAL PROMOTION AND CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
- Start out in the professional world without compromises - no problem with a degree from us.
As a product manager, you keep the overview of things: You set up entire collections with the fashion designers and are always in close contact with sales, marketing, and management. You stay up to date when it comes to fashion trends and what is hot right now. You have the necessary skills to strategically coordinate the entire supply chain. There is a growing consciousness concerning sustainability and social responsibility that strongly influences fashion purchasing decisions. This means that as a fashion product manager, you will have an important job with a lot of responsibility and great prospects for the future.
As a fashion buyer, you choose which clothes go on the rack. This means shopping on a large scale. Your social skills and organisational talent will be on display in this job. As a fashion buyer, you make strategic purchases and take care of the whole of in-season management.
The future belongs to online shopping. As an e-commerce manager, you are in great demand in the fashion industry. You optimise the entire functioning of the company’s online marketing. You manage online retail: from order processing to international shipping and returns management. You have the opportunity to develop completely innovative business models. And you are a pro when it comes to current trends, latest developments, and competitor analysis.
- Fashion and design history
- Fashion trend research
- Fashion brand management
- Visual merchandising and store design
- Future digital commerce
- Online marketing
Our bachelor's degree programs are generally free admission programs. Precondition, in any case, is at least a university entrance qualification in the form of:
- A General qualification diploma or vocational technical diploma
- An entrance qualification for studies at universities of applied sciences
- A master craftsman's diploma
- Or advanced further training
- Or at least two years of vocational training plus at least three years of professional experience.
For detailed information and advice about possible exceptions, please refer to the corresponding subpage of the respective bachelor's degree program.
Have you already completed a vocational training, have you been working professionally for several years or have you been able to successfully complete your studies? Perfect! This is because you can then have certain prior credits and academic achievements specifically recognized to shorten your study time and reduce your tuition fees.
You can find out which of your previous degrees, certificates or professional experience and skills can be credited to you on the websites of the individual course of study or directly from the student advisor for the location you are interested in.
Sounds good? Secure
your study place!
Sounds good? Secure
your study place!
The study that adapts to your life
Request information on the type of study that is best for you.
For maximum flexibility and maximum success - study 100% online
- Ideal for graduating with maximum flexibility: study when, where and how you want.
- 100% online study - no compulsory attendance and optionally full or part-time
- Take exams online or locally if you wish
- Maximum support from tutors, professors and study coaches
Popular degree programs
Business administration – sets an important milestone for a professional career as a generalist in the field of business administration.
BWL - Accounting & Controlling
Business Administration - Accounting & Controlling is the ideal preparation for the exciting and diverse field of finance as well as all aspects of business and law.
Business Psychology – excellent preparation for better understanding and positively influencing people’s thinking, experience, action, and decision-making.
What we have to offer
- study programmes to choose from, tailored to your needs
- companies educate with us as practice partners
- locations or study online worldwide
Save 1.444€ by 2 December
for a distance learning programme
Save 1.444€ & get a free iPad
by 2 December for distance learning
Request free information