Bachelor's in Social Work - your chance to ensure equal opportunities
Are you an advocate for equal opportunities and work for more equality in our society? If you want to actively support people of all ages facing difficult life situations, the exciting field of social work is just right for you. During the Bachelor's programme in Social Work you will get to acquire specific concepts, methods and instruments that can help coping with life crises. Whether as a street worker, social worker or social policy expert - you will later be able to take on important functions in state or private institutions as well as in social services and counselling centres.
The IU University Bachelor's Programme in Social Work not only will teach you subject-specific fundamentals , but also intercultural and business management skills. Also, the curriculum includes transdisciplinary fundamentals and practice-relevant methods that will later support you in your daily work in social institutions. You will get the chance to specialise in selected areas of social work such as adult and childhood education or child and youth welfare. In addition to the academic degree, you can also obtain a professional certificate as a "state-approved/social pedagogue and social worker".
Do you want to know more?
In our free and non-binding information material you will find out everything about:
- Content of your studies
- Admission and application
- Prices in detail
Why you should study at IU
- SALARY INCREASE up to 20%
- By studying at IU International University, you can expect up to 20% more salary in your future career.
- MORE RESPONSIBILITY IN THE JOBS OF THE FUTURE
- The job market is constantly changing - studying with us gives you the perfect preparation for the business world.
- OPTIMAL PROMOTION AND CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
- Start out in the professional world without compromises - no problem with a degree from us.
Social worker in the field of childhood education
With training in childhood education, your traditional fields of work are similar to those of educators: nurseries, kindergartens, daycare centres, integrated kindergartens, after-school care centres, all-day schools, facilities for the disabled, facilities for youth welfare, homes and recreation facilities for children and adolescents.
Social worker in the field of youth counselling
As a social worker for children/adolescents, you may work at schools, youth welfare offices, various counselling centres, or in the field of youth welfare. With a specialisation in social services, you have a very wide range of jobs open to you: for example, counselling, support planning and case work, separation and divorce counselling, family court support, or work in hospital social services.
Social worker in the field of youth counselling
With a specialisation in social services, you can support people through counselling, support planning and case work, separation and divorce counselling, family court support, or work in hospital social services.
- Introduction to social work
- Social Economy
- Public law
- Social History
- Philosophy and Ethics
Our bachelor's degree programs are generally free admission programs. Precondition, in any case, is at least a university entrance qualification in the form of:
- A General qualification diploma or vocational technical diploma
- An entrance qualification for studies at universities of applied sciences
- A master craftsman's diploma
- Or advanced further training
- Or at least two years of vocational training plus at least three years of professional experience.
For detailed information and advice about possible exceptions, please refer to the corresponding subpage of the respective bachelor's degree program.
Have you already completed a vocational training, have you been working professionally for several years or have you been able to successfully complete your studies? Perfect! This is because you can then have certain prior credits and academic achievements specifically recognized to shorten your study time and reduce your tuition fees.
You can find out which of your previous degrees, certificates or professional experience and skills can be credited to you on the websites of the individual course of study or directly from the student advisor for the location you are interested in.
The study that adapts to your life
Request information on the type of study that is best for you.
For maximum flexibility and maximum success - study 100% online
- Ideal for graduating with maximum flexibility: study when, where and how you want.
- 100% online study - no compulsory attendance and optionally full or part-time
- Take exams online or locally if you wish
- Maximum support from tutors, professors and study coaches
Flexibility and clear structures - cleverly combined
- Perfect to take your career to the next level: Study while working
- Possible at 14 locations as well as at the virtual campus
- Mix of flexible online modules and regular classes
- Choose your own pace in online studies and deepen your knowledge with the help of experienced professors on campus
Study the way you want after graduating from high school. Campus or online - you decide.
- Study on campus or participate in online events
- Studying abroad or living at home for the first few semesters? Check!
- Great additional offers from coaches to events in the Study Café
- Currently for 13 study programs at 4 locations as well as at the virtual campus
Study or work? Just do both!
- The perfect way to start your career: study and gain work experience at the same time
- At over 35 locations as well as at the virtual campus
- Regular rotation between theory on campus and practice in the company
- Apply what you have learned directly in practice and have more than three years of professional experience after graduation
Popular degree programs
Health management enables people to convince themselves to maintain and improve their health.
Nutrition science deals with the composition and effects of nutrition and gets to the bottom of diet-related diseases.
Special Education enables people with disabilities and special needs to participate in our society in a meaningful way.
What we have to offer
- study programmes to choose from, tailored to your needs
- companies educate with us as practice partners
- locations or study online worldwide
“At IU, I can combine an online course perfectly with regular on-site attendance at the campus.“
Request free information