Business Informatics – excellent preparation for the challenge of digitisation.
In most companies, nothing works without IT. That is why the Bachelor’s programme in Business Informatics will provide you with excellent career prospects and make you one of the most sought-after experts on the market. In contrast to pure IT professionals and business administration graduates, you will have both information technology know-how, such as in programming and software development, as well as sound business knowledge. As an all-rounder, you will speak both languages and have the necessary expertise to manage and specifically optimise economic business processes with the help of state-of-the-art information technologies right from the start.
In Business Informatics degree programme, you will gain a foundation that will allow you to optimally control management and customer-related processes on the IT side. The focus of the programme is always on the mediation and specialisation of practical knowledge and skills on the basis of business administration and computer science. That means IU University offers you the best possible foundation for advancing your career or entering a new professional field – whether you choose part-time studies, distance learning or a dual studies.
Do you want to know more?
In our free and non-binding information material you will find out everything about:
- Content of your studies
- Admission and application
- Prices in detail
Why you should study at IU
- SALARY INCREASE up to 20%
- By studying at IU International University, you can expect up to 20% more salary in your future career.
- MORE RESPONSIBILITY IN THE JOBS OF THE FUTURE
- The job market is constantly changing - studying with us gives you the perfect preparation for the business world.
- OPTIMAL PROMOTION AND CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
- Start out in the professional world without compromises - no problem with a degree from us.
As a software developer, you develop and implement software, from individual components to complete applications. Coordinating with users from different departments, you programme solutions that are tailored to the respective needs and requirements. This requires always taking into account the economic framework conditions and making sure that the solutions meet these conditions.
As a business analyst, you will examine business processes and take care of requirements management. This means that you identify, analyse, prioritise, and formulate the requirements for processes and IT systems. You think about existing problems also discover new opportunities. You coordinate the feasibility of solutions with the IT department while also paying attention to economical product solutions that fit the business strategy. You also ensure that everyone involved works smoothly together until implementation.
As an IT consultant, you advise companies on IT projects. For example, you support the implementation of a cloud infrastructure or the introduction and maintenance of IT systems. You are involved at all stages in projects from planning to implementation. Your goal is to improve applications and processes, making IT-supported workflows more effective.
- Basics of industrial software technology
- Object-oriented programming
- Quality assurance in the software process
- Cost and performance accounting
- Mathematical foundations
Our bachelor's degree programs are generally free admission programs. Precondition, in any case, is at least a university entrance qualification in the form of:
- A General qualification diploma or vocational technical diploma
- An entrance qualification for studies at universities of applied sciences
- A master craftsman's diploma
- Or advanced further training
- Or at least two years of vocational training plus at least three years of professional experience.
For detailed information and advice about possible exceptions, please refer to the corresponding subpage of the respective bachelor's degree program.
Have you already completed a vocational training, have you been working professionally for several years or have you been able to successfully complete your studies? Perfect! This is because you can then have certain prior credits and academic achievements specifically recognized to shorten your study time and reduce your tuition fees.
You can find out which of your previous degrees, certificates or professional experience and skills can be credited to you on the websites of the individual course of study or directly from the student advisor for the location you are interested in.
The study that adapts to your life
Request information on the type of study that is best for you.
For maximum flexibility and maximum success - study 100% online
- Ideal for graduating with maximum flexibility: study when, where and how you want.
- 100% online study - no compulsory attendance and optionally full or part-time
- Take exams online or locally if you wish
- Maximum support from tutors, professors and study coaches
Flexibility and clear structures - cleverly combined
- Perfect to take your career to the next level: Study while working
- Possible at 14 locations as well as at the virtual campus
- Mix of flexible online modules and regular classes
- Choose your own pace in online studies and deepen your knowledge with the help of experienced professors on campus
Study or work? Just do both!
- The perfect way to start your career: study and gain work experience at the same time
- At over 35 locations as well as at the virtual campus
- Regular rotation between theory on campus and practice in the company
- Apply what you have learned directly in practice and have more than three years of professional experience after graduation
Popular degree programs
Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen Industrie 4.0
With your Industrial Engineering in the Industry 4.0 course of studies, you will be ready for the digitalisation of entire industry sectors.
IT optimally prepares you for the special topics and future challenges in the IT world.
Digital Business – teaches business fundamentals for the successful digitisation of business models.
What we have to offer
- study programmes to choose from, tailored to your needs
- companies educate with us as practice partners
- locations or study online worldwide
“At IU, I can combine an online course perfectly with regular on-site attendance at the campus.“
Request free information
You'll find all of the important information about your study programme and IU International University of Applied Sciences in your personal brochure.