Bachelor’s programme in E-Commerce – a degree with excellent prospects in electronic commerce.
Qualifications are the ideal sales argument: Academically trained e-commerce managers are now among the most sought-after sales professionals in digital retail. Why? Because these online experts keep an eye on all processes at all times and take on important key tasks in a wide variety of areas. Whether it’s the establishment of new sales channels, further development of existing sales channels, or analysis of extensive data structures, the Bachelor’s degree programme in E-Commerce at IU University will prepare you well for these challenges and opens up excellent career opportunities for you.
The bachelor’s programme in E-commerce provides you with the training to optimally understand, analyse, and process the data and data structures underlying online retail. In addition to comprehensive fundamental business knowledge, you will also gain specialist know-how in the professional fields most in demand in digital sales. This will give you specific qualifications in the areas of retail management, online marketing or data science & analysis so you can fill important key positions in online retail after successful graduation.
Do you want to know more?
In our free and non-binding information material you will find out everything about:
- Content of your studies
- Admission and application
- Prices in detail
Why you should study at IU
- SALARY INCREASE up to 20%
- By studying at IU International University, you can expect up to 20% more salary in your future career.
- MORE RESPONSIBILITY IN THE JOBS OF THE FUTURE
- The job market is constantly changing - studying with us gives you the perfect preparation for the business world.
- OPTIMAL PROMOTION AND CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
- Start out in the professional world without compromises - no problem with a degree from us.
As an e-commerce manager, you work at the intersection among sales, marketing, and IT. You are responsible for ensuring that your company’s online shop always has a good selection of products and is user-friendly. Your work includes, among other things, running discount campaigns and supporting online advertising campaigns. You also organise logistics and shipping and are responsible for setting up a functioning feedback system where your customers feel heard. Depending on where you work, your focus may be more in the business administration side and sometimes more in programming and IT fields. Wherever you work, you can expect a job with a big diversity of activities.
As a product manager, it is your job to manage a product across departments. This includes planning, coordination, marketing, and monitoring of administrative activities. Your goal is to successfully place the product on the market. As a product manager in e-commerce, in addition to classic duties, such as market and competition analysis, you are also responsible for data maintenance in the merchandise management system and sales tasks for online shops.
Category Manager in E-commerce
As a category manager in e-commerce, you are responsible for building up and further developing the product range offered by your company in its online channel. In addition to ensuring goods procurement and supplier management, you also monitor the online market situation and detect new trends. You always keep an eye on the most important online KPIs at the product-range and item level.
- Content management systems
- User experience
- Payment methods and systems
- Webshop development
Our bachelor's degree programs are generally free admission programs. Precondition, in any case, is at least a university entrance qualification in the form of:
- A General qualification diploma or vocational technical diploma
- An entrance qualification for studies at universities of applied sciences
- A master craftsman's diploma
- Or advanced further training
- Or at least two years of vocational training plus at least three years of professional experience.
For detailed information and advice about possible exceptions, please refer to the corresponding subpage of the respective bachelor's degree program.
Have you already completed a vocational training, have you been working professionally for several years or have you been able to successfully complete your studies? Perfect! This is because you can then have certain prior credits and academic achievements specifically recognized to shorten your study time and reduce your tuition fees.
You can find out which of your previous degrees, certificates or professional experience and skills can be credited to you on the websites of the individual course of study or directly from the student advisor for the location you are interested in.
The study that adapts to your life
Request information on the type of study that is best for you.
For maximum flexibility and maximum success - study 100% online
- Ideal for graduating with maximum flexibility: study when, where and how you want.
- 100% online study - no compulsory attendance and optionally full or part-time
- Take exams online or locally if you wish
- Maximum support from tutors, professors and study coaches
Study or work? Just do both!
- The perfect way to start your career: study and gain work experience at the same time
- At over 35 locations as well as at the virtual campus
- Regular rotation between theory on campus and practice in the company
- Apply what you have learned directly in practice and have more than three years of professional experience after graduation
Popular degree programs
Marketing - helps to better understand markets, identify customer needs and break through commercial thinking patterns.
Marketing Management – provides the most important tools to successfully inspire customers for a product and make them loyal to a brand in the long term.
Media Design provides sound knowledge in all areas of media design, preparation and transmission of digital information.
What we have to offer
- study programmes to choose from, tailored to your needs
- companies educate with us as practice partners
- locations or study online worldwide
Request free information
You'll find all of the important information about your study programme and IU International University of Applied Sciences in your personal brochure.