Bachelor's in Health Education Studies to train the professionals of tomorrow.
Have you already completed training in a healthcare profession and are eager to pass on your knowledge to guarantee good care of people in need of treatment? Pedagogical and didactical fundamentals are required to actively participate in shaping educational offers in the health care system. Important competencies for quality assurance and personnel development are taught in the Bachelor's Programme in Health Education Studies at IU International University. Valuable know-how, which you will pass on to future professionals as a health educator, research associate, or health advisor at schools for health professions or in institutions with training programmes at all levels.
With a completed IU Bachelor's programme in Health Education Studies, you will acquire the necessary qualifications to be allowed to teach at schools and educational institutions for health professions. In addition to pedagogical know-how, you will acquire basic knowledge in the field of didactics. You will also learn management fundamentals and central methodological skills as well as strengthen your social skills. The curriculum includes two practice-oriented projects to optimally prepare you for your future tasks in the healthcare sector. As you progress through your studies, you will choose a specialisation and focus on areas like pedagogy, counselling, psychology, and labour law.
Do you want to know more?
In our free and non-binding information material you will find out everything about:
- Content of your studies
- Admission and application
- Prices in detail
Why you should study at IU
- SALARY INCREASE up to 20%
- By studying at IU International University, you can expect up to 20% more salary in your future career.
- MORE RESPONSIBILITY IN THE JOBS OF THE FUTURE
- The job market is constantly changing - studying with us gives you the perfect preparation for the business world.
- OPTIMAL PROMOTION AND CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
- Start out in the professional world without compromises - no problem with a degree from us.
As a health educator, you are responsible for the organisation and implementation of advanced and ongoing training courses for future specialists. You work in schools or healthcare institutions. You can also work for health insurance companies and associations.
Academic research assistant
As an academic research assistant, you will work in the fields of research and teaching. This includes administrative duties and organising programmes and exams. With a master’s degree, you also have the opportunity to acquire an advanced scientific qualification in the form of a doctor
If you decide to pursue a professional career as a health consultant, you will advise people in need of therapeutic treatment. You take care of patients and their relatives in rehab facilities or healthcare institutions. You can also work in adult education centres in the field of health promotion.
- Educational Science
- Health and Prevention
- Introduction to lifelong learning
- Didactics for therapists
- Design of educational processes in adults
- School Law
Our bachelor's degree programs are generally free admission programs. Precondition, in any case, is at least a university entrance qualification in the form of:
- A General qualification diploma or vocational technical diploma
- An entrance qualification for studies at universities of applied sciences
- A master craftsman's diploma
- Or advanced further training
- Or at least two years of vocational training plus at least three years of professional experience.
For detailed information and advice about possible exceptions, please refer to the corresponding subpage of the respective bachelor's degree program.
Have you already completed a vocational training, have you been working professionally for several years or have you been able to successfully complete your studies? Perfect! This is because you can then have certain prior credits and academic achievements specifically recognized to shorten your study time and reduce your tuition fees.
You can find out which of your previous degrees, certificates or professional experience and skills can be credited to you on the websites of the individual course of study or directly from the student advisor for the location you are interested in.
The study that adapts to your life
Request information on the type of study that is best for you.
For maximum flexibility and maximum success - study 100% online
- Ideal for graduating with maximum flexibility: study when, where and how you want.
- 100% online study - no compulsory attendance and optionally full or part-time
- Take exams online or locally if you wish
- Maximum support from tutors, professors and study coaches
Popular degree programs
Social work represents the best possible preparation for ensuring social justice and equal opportunities for children, young people and adults in all life situations.
Business Psychology – excellent preparation for better understanding and positively influencing people’s thinking, experience, action, and decision-making.
Your Psychology degree will make you think further and deeper in order to understand human behaviour and provide individual counselling.
What we have to offer
- study programmes to choose from, tailored to your needs
- companies educate with us as practice partners
- locations or study online worldwide
Request free information
You'll find all of the important information about your study programme and IU International University of Applied Sciences in your personal brochure.