Bachelor’s in Communication Psychology – advising and mediating between people.
Communication is the be-all and end-all when it comes to optimal collaboration between people and targeted dissemination of positive information. Conflicts are inevitable if disruptions occur in communication. During the Bachelor’s degree programme in Communication Psychology at the IU, you will learn fundamental psychological theories and communication models to employ in order to solve interpersonal problems and make complex information more understandable. This is valuable know-how for later success as a communications expert, team coach, or conflict manager in various industries.
The IU Bachelor’s degree programme in Communication Psychology will provide you with in-depth knowledge in the field of methodology, statistics, and psychology. It also conveys valuable skills in terms of interviewing and negotiation techniques. In addition to designing digital training content, the programme also focuses on the development and correct application of communication strategies. The modular IBUH programme will also enable you to further develop your specialist knowledge in the areas of advanced education, cooperative networking, and strategic communication.
Do you want to know more?
In our free and non-binding information material you will find out everything about:
- Content of your studies
- Admission and application
- Prices in detail
Why you should study at IU
- SALARY INCREASE up to 20%
- By studying at IU International University, you can expect up to 20% more salary in your future career.
- MORE RESPONSIBILITY IN THE JOBS OF THE FUTURE
- The job market is constantly changing - studying with us gives you the perfect preparation for the business world.
- OPTIMAL PROMOTION AND CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
- Start out in the professional world without compromises - no problem with a degree from us.
Team coach/conflict manager
Conflicts are human and part of everyday life at work. However, discussions, negotiations, and misunderstandings can lead to arguments and make people unhappy. As a coach and conflict manager, your job is to prevent conflicts from escalating further. With the help of the right communication strategies, you can awaken understanding in your team and establish stable, lasting compromises. You can lead conflicting parties to a constructive dialogue. Your expertise is needed in every team, as it contributes significantly to your company’s success.
As a multimedia author, you design multimedia products that mainly consist of text, sound, and images. You are an expert in storytelling. The reader is actively involved in the story through an interactive presentation. You also develop scripts, for example for multimedia textbooks, reference works, and advertising appearances.
As a press spokesperson, you mainly develop and initiate communication strategies and measures that contribute to the positioning of your company, product, or service. Your expertise especially makes you a key person for networking, and you can positively influence campaigns thanks to targeted communication. A high degree of identification with the company or institution is necessary.
- Communication psychology
- Social psychology
- Introduction to media and communication studies
- Behavioural and evolutionary research
- Online marketing
- Conversation and negotiation techniques
Our bachelor's degree programs are generally free admission programs. Precondition, in any case, is at least a university entrance qualification in the form of:
- A General qualification diploma or vocational technical diploma
- An entrance qualification for studies at universities of applied sciences
- A master craftsman's diploma
- Or advanced further training
- Or at least two years of vocational training plus at least three years of professional experience.
For detailed information and advice about possible exceptions, please refer to the corresponding subpage of the respective bachelor's degree program.
Have you already completed a vocational training, have you been working professionally for several years or have you been able to successfully complete your studies? Perfect! This is because you can then have certain prior credits and academic achievements specifically recognized to shorten your study time and reduce your tuition fees.
You can find out which of your previous degrees, certificates or professional experience and skills can be credited to you on the websites of the individual course of study or directly from the student advisor for the location you are interested in.
The study that adapts to your life
Request information on the type of study that is best for you.
For maximum flexibility and maximum success - study 100% online
- Ideal for graduating with maximum flexibility: study when, where and how you want.
- 100% online study - no compulsory attendance and optionally full or part-time
- Take exams online or locally if you wish
- Maximum support from tutors, professors and study coaches
Flexibility and clear structures - cleverly combined
- Perfect to take your career to the next level: Study while working
- Possible at 14 locations as well as at the virtual campus
- Mix of flexible online modules and regular classes
- Choose your own pace in online studies and deepen your knowledge with the help of experienced professors on campus
Popular degree programs
Marketing - helps to better understand markets, identify customer needs and break through commercial thinking patterns.
Marketing Management – provides the most important tools to successfully inspire customers for a product and make them loyal to a brand in the long term.
Media Design provides sound knowledge in all areas of media design, preparation and transmission of digital information.
What we have to offer
- study programmes to choose from, tailored to your needs
- companies educate with us as practice partners
- locations or study online worldwide
Request free information
You'll find all of the important information about your study programme and IU International University of Applied Sciences in your personal brochure.