YOUR OWN STYLE. FOR MODERN LIVING SPACES.
It is so fascinating when you can transform simple spaces into modern living and working environments. You think you can do that, too? Then combine your creative talent and sense of style with technical know-how during your Bachelor's degree programme in Interior Design. Learn theoretically and practically what is important in the planning, implementation and design of room concepts in terms of functionality, choice of materials and technical comfort. Later on, you will be able to transform a wide variety of spaces into unique pieces. Whether it's shop systems, trade fair stands, offices or private objects - there are no limits to your creative output.
The curriculum of the Bachelor’s programme in Interior Design places a strong focus on the design and drafting of creative spatial concepts. And therefore, also your creativity. You will gain a lot of fundamental knowledge in the areas of architecture, design, layout and contract management. At the same time, we will develop your spatial perception and performance skills with many practical exercises, using photos, video and online tools. This includes, among other things, the processing and presentation of designs in 2D or 3D with the help of analogue tools and digital solutions. After completing your studies, you will be able to develop your very own, individual style with your Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design based on architectural, sociological approaches as well as various design and planning methods. And thus play a decisive role in shaping spatial concepts of the future.
Do you want to know more?
In our free and non-binding information material you will find out everything about:
- Content of your studies
- Admission and application
- Prices in detail
Why you should study at IU
- SALARY INCREASE up to 20%
- By studying at IU International University, you can expect up to 20% more salary in your future career.
- MORE RESPONSIBILITY IN THE JOBS OF THE FUTURE
- The job market is constantly changing - studying with us gives you the perfect preparation for the business world.
- OPTIMAL PROMOTION AND CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
- Start out in the professional world without compromises - no problem with a degree from us.
Interior designer in a planning office
As an interior designer in a planning office, you are responsible for working on design projects for private and public clients. From the preliminary design to the final building inspection, you accompany your projects through all service phases. In the process, you can use your creativity in the design and prove your organisational talent when handling large-scale projects.
Interior designer in industry or trade
If you work as an interior designer in industry or trade, your focus is on customer advice and planning in relation to the products of the company or trading firm, e.g. furniture, lighting, kitchens. You use your design skills to make shopping a sensual experience and to showcase the specific qualities of products.
Interior designer in the field of shop design/scenography/trade fair construction/marketing
As an interior designer, you can also take on marketing-oriented tasks at the interface between graphics, interior design and, for example, fashion. Your challenge is to create brand spaces for companies that are active in sales and meet the needs of the market. These showrooms are worlds of experience, in which you make your brand and the associated brand messages perceptible in space.
- Theory of Perception
- Design Basics: seeing and understanding
- Construction Materials
- Visual Communications: Model Building
- Architectural History and Styles
- Theory of Architecture and Design
Our bachelor's degree programs are generally free admission programs. Precondition, in any case, is at least a university entrance qualification in the form of:
- A General qualification diploma or vocational technical diploma
- An entrance qualification for studies at universities of applied sciences
- A master craftsman's diploma
- Or advanced further training
- Or at least two years of vocational training plus at least three years of professional experience.
For detailed information and advice about possible exceptions, please refer to the corresponding subpage of the respective bachelor's degree program.
Have you already completed a vocational training, have you been working professionally for several years or have you been able to successfully complete your studies? Perfect! This is because you can then have certain prior credits and academic achievements specifically recognized to shorten your study time and reduce your tuition fees.
You can find out which of your previous degrees, certificates or professional experience and skills can be credited to you on the websites of the individual course of study or directly from the student advisor for the location you are interested in.
The study that adapts to your life
Request information on the type of study that is best for you.
For maximum flexibility and maximum success - study 100% online
- Ideal for graduating with maximum flexibility: study when, where and how you want.
- 100% online study - no compulsory attendance and optionally full or part-time
- Take exams online or locally if you wish
- Maximum support from tutors, professors and study coaches
Popular degree programs
Real Estate Management – deals with technical principles as well as current challenges and trends in the construction industry.
Bachelor’s programme in Real Estate – opens doors and professional opportunities.
Architecture offers the perfect combination of creativity and solid engineering knowledge for small and large construction projects.
What we have to offer
- study programmes to choose from, tailored to your needs
- companies educate with us as practice partners
- locations or study online worldwide
Request free information