Bachelor's Degree in Health Management, helping people is something to be learned.
Digitalisation does not stop when it comes to the healthcare system, posing new challenges for healthcare personnel. More than ever, industry-specific know-how is essential: sound basic knowledge in business administration and medical, socio-political, and psychological expertise is fundamental. This broad foundation is part of the curriculum of the Bachelor's Programme in Health Management at IU International University. You will also gain the specific skills that will support you in the optimal organisation of various processes in clinical-therapeutic departments or health authorities. This programme provides you with all the requirements for a management position in a hospital or another healthcare institution.
The IU study programme in Health Management will provide you with basic knowledge in health science,political-legal framework conditions, as well as business and economic fundamentals. Ethical and psychosocial skills with patients and staff are also part of the modular curriculum. During the IUBH programme, you will develop analytical and administrative skills to work as a health expert in administration, human resources, or education.
Do you want to know more?
In our free and non-binding information material you will find out everything about:
- Content of your studies
- Admission and application
- Prices in detail
Why you should study at IU
- SALARY INCREASE up to 20%
- By studying at IU International University, you can expect up to 20% more salary in your future career.
- MORE RESPONSIBILITY IN THE JOBS OF THE FUTURE
- The job market is constantly changing - studying with us gives you the perfect preparation for the business world.
- OPTIMAL PROMOTION AND CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
- Start out in the professional world without compromises - no problem with a degree from us.
Management consultant in healthcare
Digitisation, increasing competition and cost pressures, and ever higher quality standards: Change and innovation in the health sector are opening up a lot of chances and opportunities, but also challenges for the industry. As a management consultant, you support relevant institutions in making the right decisions for the future and creating an organisation that operates in a healthy and humane way.
As a health coach, you assist and support people in developing a healthy lifestyle. You consider all the components of a healthy lifestyle but respond individually to the problems and needs of your clients to ensure long-term success. Health coaches can be self-employed, but can also work as employees at schools, kindergartens, hospitals, or retirement homes.
health manager in corporate health management
Success in any company is always achieved thanks to motivated and healthy employees. As a company health manager, you create healthy working conditions for your company’s employees. You also encourage employees to live a healthy lifestyle. Overall, occupational health management covers the areas of occupational health and safety, occupational integration management, personnel management, and occupational health promotion. For example, you are responsible for the reintegration of chronically ill employees, prevention of accidents at work and occupational diseases, and for measures to promote employees’ health.
- Medicine for non-physicians
- Public health legislation
- Project Management
- Health and prevention
- Costs and performance analysis
Our bachelor's degree programs are generally free admission programs. Precondition, in any case, is at least a university entrance qualification in the form of:
- A General qualification diploma or vocational technical diploma
- An entrance qualification for studies at universities of applied sciences
- A master craftsman's diploma
- Or advanced further training
- Or at least two years of vocational training plus at least three years of professional experience.
For detailed information and advice about possible exceptions, please refer to the corresponding subpage of the respective bachelor's degree program.
Have you already completed a vocational training, have you been working professionally for several years or have you been able to successfully complete your studies? Perfect! This is because you can then have certain prior credits and academic achievements specifically recognized to shorten your study time and reduce your tuition fees.
You can find out which of your previous degrees, certificates or professional experience and skills can be credited to you on the websites of the individual course of study or directly from the student advisor for the location you are interested in.
The study that adapts to your life
Request information on the type of study that is best for you.
For maximum flexibility and maximum success - study 100% online
- Ideal for graduating with maximum flexibility: study when, where and how you want.
- 100% online study - no compulsory attendance and optionally full or part-time
- Take exams online or locally if you wish
- Maximum support from tutors, professors and study coaches
Flexibility and clear structures - cleverly combined
- Perfect to take your career to the next level: Study while working
- Possible at 14 locations as well as at the virtual campus
- Mix of flexible online modules and regular classes
- Choose your own pace in online studies and deepen your knowledge with the help of experienced professors on campus
Study or work? Just do both!
- The perfect way to start your career: study and gain work experience at the same time
- At over 35 locations as well as at the virtual campus
- Regular rotation between theory on campus and practice in the company
- Apply what you have learned directly in practice and have more than three years of professional experience after graduation
Popular degree programs
Social work represents the best possible preparation for ensuring social justice and equal opportunities for children, young people and adults in all life situations.
Nutrition science deals with the composition and effects of nutrition and gets to the bottom of diet-related diseases.
Special Education enables people with disabilities and special needs to participate in our society in a meaningful way.
What we have to offer
- study programmes to choose from, tailored to your needs
- companies educate with us as practice partners
- locations or study online worldwide
“At IU, I can combine an online course perfectly with regular on-site attendance at the campus.“
Request free information
You'll find all of the important information about your study programme and IU International University of Applied Sciences in your personal brochure.