MORE BRAINPOWER. FOR YOUR SUCCESS.
Do you want to revolutionise the fitness industry and make your passion a career as soon as possible? The bachelor’s degree in fitness economics at IUBH offers you all these possibilities. In addition to the foundations of business administration, you‘ll practise all the necessary professional skills within fitness, marketing, sales, business law, and human resources.
After successfully completing your Bachelor’s degree in Fitness Economics, you will have gained comprehensive know-how in business administration. You can now easily take on managerial positions and work as a leader within the fitness and wellness industry. Your studies in Fitness Economics additionally pave the way into self-employment.
The Bachelor’s degree in Fitness Economics is based on the latest knowledge and prepares you for positions in management and leadership in the increasingly digitised fitness industry. Through different modules, you’ll acquire specialised, methodological skills and deepen your professional knowledge in the fields relevant to the fitness industry, such as marketing, human resources and digitisation. You also have the option to choose a specialisation during your studies and start your career as a Gym Manager, Sales Manager or Product Manager.
Do you want to know more?
In our free and non-binding information material you will find out everything about:
- Content of your studies
- Admission and application
- Prices in detail
Why you should study at IU
- SALARY INCREASE up to 20%
- By studying at IU International University, you can expect up to 20% more salary in your future career.
- MORE RESPONSIBILITY IN THE JOBS OF THE FUTURE
- The job market is constantly changing - studying with us gives you the perfect preparation for the business world.
- OPTIMAL PROMOTION AND CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
- Start out in the professional world without compromises - no problem with a degree from us.
The demand for health-based, holistic concepts is steadily increasing. As a studio manager, you are responsible for recruiting new staff, finding new workshops, and for general further development. You make important purchasing decisions while keeping an eye on finances. As a manager, you are an important coordinator and contact person for trainers, receptionists, and cleaning staff. You also develop new business ideas and plan attention-grabbing advertising measures.
Sales Manager in the fitness industry
As a sales manager in the fitness industry, you are actively involved in improving health conditions, for example in the workplace, through appropriate services, tools, or equipment. You guide the entire sales process, from processing inquiries to signing contracts. You plan and run sales campaigns, select the appropriate tools for each situation, and attend events and trade fairs. Sales managers are very communicative and are always in contact with customers and service providers. Teamwork and creativity are also important required strengths for the position.
Product Manager Fitness
As a product manager in the fitness industry, you coordinate the joint efforts from different departments to develop and optimise a product or service. This includes development, production, marketing, and sales. You have an overview of things and ensure optimal organisation. This position also thinking creatively and innovatively and keeping an eye on the sustainable success of the product.
- Fitness management
- Digital sport marketing
- Training and nutrition theory
- Social media marketing
- Digitisation in the fitness industry
- Introduction to health management
Our bachelor's degree programs are generally free admission programs. Precondition, in any case, is at least a university entrance qualification in the form of:
- A General qualification diploma or vocational technical diploma
- An entrance qualification for studies at universities of applied sciences
- A master craftsman's diploma
- Or advanced further training
- Or at least two years of vocational training plus at least three years of professional experience.
For detailed information and advice about possible exceptions, please refer to the corresponding subpage of the respective bachelor's degree program.
Have you already completed a vocational training, have you been working professionally for several years or have you been able to successfully complete your studies? Perfect! This is because you can then have certain prior credits and academic achievements specifically recognized to shorten your study time and reduce your tuition fees.
You can find out which of your previous degrees, certificates or professional experience and skills can be credited to you on the websites of the individual course of study or directly from the student advisor for the location you are interested in.
The study that adapts to your life
Request information on the type of study that is best for you.
For maximum flexibility and maximum success - study 100% online
- Ideal for graduating with maximum flexibility: study when, where and how you want.
- 100% online study - no compulsory attendance and optionally full or part-time
- Take exams online or locally if you wish
- Maximum support from tutors, professors and study coaches
Popular degree programs
Business administration – sets an important milestone for a professional career as a generalist in the field of business administration.
BWL - Accounting & Controlling
Business Administration - Accounting & Controlling is the ideal preparation for the exciting and diverse field of finance as well as all aspects of business and law.
Business Psychology – excellent preparation for better understanding and positively influencing people’s thinking, experience, action, and decision-making.
What we have to offer
- study programmes to choose from, tailored to your needs
- companies educate with us as practice partners
- locations or study online worldwide
Request free information
You'll find all of the important information about your study programme and IU International University of Applied Sciences in your personal brochure.