Bachelor in Media Informatics, connects people and machines with digital solutions.
Digital tools, apps, or complete media systems are needed to enable man and machine to interact optimally with each other. Information technology plays a paramount role in their conception and design. In the Bachelor's Degree Programme in Media informatics, you will learn all the factors that play an important role in the processing, storage, and distribution of interactive IT applications. Thanks to the technical orientation of the curriculum, you will later benefit from top prospects in a wide variety of fields, whether as an app developer, online marketing manager. or IT project manager.
The IU Bachelor's Programme in Media Informatics focuses on basic knowledge of methodology and the technical basics that are required to successfully design, develop, and implement IT applications and media systems. Furthermore, you will learn how to deal with different formats for processing and distributing digital media. Topics such as Big Data and Data Analytics are also an integral part of the modular curriculum. During your studies, you can further specialise in selected areas of software engineering to develop mobile applications, dive deep in user experience, or explore the web development of digital solutions.
Do you want to know more?
In our free and non-binding information material you will find out everything about:
- Content of your studies
- Admission and application
- Prices in detail
Why you should study at IU
- SALARY INCREASE up to 20%
- By studying at IU International University, you can expect up to 20% more salary in your future career.
- MORE RESPONSIBILITY IN THE JOBS OF THE FUTURE
- The job market is constantly changing - studying with us gives you the perfect preparation for the business world.
- OPTIMAL PROMOTION AND CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
- Start out in the professional world without compromises - no problem with a degree from us.
Online Marketing Manager
As an online marketing manager, you organise and monitor digital marketing measures. This includes the implementation of online marketing campaigns, operational and strategic management of SEA accounts, as well as display and text campaigns in the Google display network. You prepare important KPIs and handle competition and market analyses. Coordinating agencies and editors is also part of your job. If you’re employed at a small company, you may also take on the duties of social media manager.
The rapid increase and spread of smartphones and tablet PCs has led to the emergence of a separate professional group of app developers. The demand for app programmers is steadily increasing. App developers handle programming, but also discuss functions and design. The developer’s responsibility is to ensure the quality of their work and make sure everything works as it should.
IT Project Manager
IT project managers plan, organise, and manage IT projects. You coordinate all the employees, departments, and external service providers involved, while always keeping an eye on the schedule and budget. Beyond carrying out projects properly, you are also responsible for achieving targets.
- Digital media formats
- Object-oriented programming
- Media engineering
- Data analytics and Big Data
- Society and digital media
- Digital media production
Our bachelor's degree programs are generally free admission programs. Precondition, in any case, is at least a university entrance qualification in the form of:
- A General qualification diploma or vocational technical diploma
- An entrance qualification for studies at universities of applied sciences
- A master craftsman's diploma
- Or advanced further training
- Or at least two years of vocational training plus at least three years of professional experience.
For detailed information and advice about possible exceptions, please refer to the corresponding subpage of the respective bachelor's degree program.
Have you already completed a vocational training, have you been working professionally for several years or have you been able to successfully complete your studies? Perfect! This is because you can then have certain prior credits and academic achievements specifically recognized to shorten your study time and reduce your tuition fees.
You can find out which of your previous degrees, certificates or professional experience and skills can be credited to you on the websites of the individual course of study or directly from the student advisor for the location you are interested in.
The study that adapts to your life
Request information on the type of study that is best for you.
For maximum flexibility and maximum success - study 100% online
- Ideal for graduating with maximum flexibility: study when, where and how you want.
- 100% online study - no compulsory attendance and optionally full or part-time
- Take exams online or locally if you wish
- Maximum support from tutors, professors and study coaches
Popular degree programs
The Bachelor’s programme in Business Informatics – the most important interface between business administration and IT.
Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen Industrie 4.0
With your Industrial Engineering in the Industry 4.0 course of studies, you will be ready for the digitalisation of entire industry sectors.
IT optimally prepares you for the special topics and future challenges in the IT world.
What we have to offer
- study programmes to choose from, tailored to your needs
- companies educate with us as practice partners
- locations or study online worldwide
Request free information