YOUR PRODUCT DESIGN STUDIES. YOUR AESTHETICS OF THE FUTURE.
The demands on designers have shifted in recent years - while aesthetics used to be the only prerequisite for good design, many more factors play a role today. In the design process, questions about society and our values should determine product design. In addition, digitalisation plays an increasingly important role that must be taken into account in the design process. How do we want to live in community, what future do we want and what everyday challenges do we have to deal with? Newly developed products should simultaneously combine social and ecological innovation, functionality and good design.
The product design programme at IU International University of Applied Sciences challenges you to learn the basics of design, while at the same time training technical, analytical and communication skills. In addition, economic and ecological aspects are included in the training. After graduating, you will be able to develop products and systems that are both contemporary and future-oriented.
The elective modules focus on the four most common professional fields of product design: spatial design, design management, sustainable design and design for the digital era. You will be able to choose these courses for your product design studies depending on your personal interests and your future career goals.
Do you want to know more?
In our free and non-binding information material you will find out everything about:
- Content of your studies
- Admission and application
- Prices in detail
Why you should study at IU
- SALARY INCREASE up to 20%
- By studying at IU International University, you can expect up to 20% more salary in your future career.
- MORE RESPONSIBILITY IN THE JOBS OF THE FUTURE
- The job market is constantly changing - studying with us gives you the perfect preparation for the business world.
- OPTIMAL PROMOTION AND CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
- Start out in the professional world without compromises - no problem with a degree from us.
Computational Designer (m/f/d)
As a computational designer you will conceive and develop projects using Generative Design, in which software generates a variety of design variants from your specifications in the shortest possible time and thus offers you numerous, diverse solution proposals. This can be applied in the area of furniture design, lighting, interior spaces and objects, fashion accessories or, for example, vehicle design. You will also be responsible for creating production data for digital manufacturing methods.
Design Manager (m/f/d)
In your position as design manager, you will work within your company on strategic design and product development with a strong focus on the development of sustainable products, mostly consumer and capital goods. You will also be familiar with eco-social design and methods such as design thinking, market analysis and business creation.
Spatial Designer (m/f/d)
You will think in terms of spaces and fill them with your ideas and design sensibility. Whether in the conception and execution of exhibitions, trade fairs or corporate spaces (including showrooms), whether in retail or furniture design or in the design of (interactive) exhibits and spatial sculptures - your talent will be welcome in all spaces and the skills you acquired during your studies will be needed in various industries.
- Design Analysis: Material, Shape, Culture
- Material and Manufacturing Techniques
- Prototyping and Model Construction
- Design Processes and Methodologies
- User Experience
- Design Thinking
Our bachelor's degree programs are generally free admission programs. Precondition, in any case, is at least a university entrance qualification in the form of:
- A General qualification diploma or vocational technical diploma
- An entrance qualification for studies at universities of applied sciences
- A master craftsman's diploma
- Or advanced further training
- Or at least two years of vocational training plus at least three years of professional experience.
For detailed information and advice about possible exceptions, please refer to the corresponding subpage of the respective bachelor's degree program.
Have you already completed a vocational training, have you been working professionally for several years or have you been able to successfully complete your studies? Perfect! This is because you can then have certain prior credits and academic achievements specifically recognized to shorten your study time and reduce your tuition fees.
You can find out which of your previous degrees, certificates or professional experience and skills can be credited to you on the websites of the individual course of study or directly from the student advisor for the location you are interested in.
Sounds good? Secure
your study place!
Sounds good? Secure
your study place!
The study that adapts to your life
Request information on the type of study that is best for you.
For maximum flexibility and maximum success - study 100% online
- Ideal for graduating with maximum flexibility: study when, where and how you want.
- 100% online study - no compulsory attendance and optionally full or part-time
- Take exams online or locally if you wish
- Maximum support from tutors, professors and study coaches
Popular degree programs
Media Design provides sound knowledge in all areas of media design, preparation and transmission of digital information.
Communications design - ensures that even complex information and messages are conveyed and understood in various channels.
Media informatics deals with the most important challenges surrounding the design and implementation of interactive tools, apps, and digital media offers.
What we have to offer
- study programmes to choose from, tailored to your needs
- companies educate with us as practice partners
- locations or study online worldwide
Save 1.444€ by 2 December
for a distance learning programme
Save 1.444€ & get a free iPad
by 2 December for distance learning
Request free information