More space for your career.
Evaluate, manage and market real estate: The work in the real estate industry is as diverse as the range of private and commercial properties. It is not just about selling real estate, but also about financing and project development. You will acquire the necessary know-how to evaluate the structure of buildings and manage larger real estate portfolios in the IU Bachelor's degree programme in Real Estate.
The IU Real Estate programme will prepare you for the exciting work of an estate agent or property manager. The curriculum covers much more than the most important fundamentals of business administration and economics. You will also gain broad basic knowledge of project development, real estate marketing, construction law, and digital business models. Further specialisation in real estate valuation and financing as well as technical real estate management will also be able to lay the foundation for your later career.
General admission requirements: High School diploma (Abitur/Fachabitur) or specialised university entrance certificate, successful completion of a master’s examination or upgrading training, successful completion of a training course to become a state-certified technician or state-certified business administrator (e.g. as IHK specialist), at least two years of vocational training in the commercial or IT sector plus three years of work experience, university entrance qualification as a foreign student applicant.
Do you want to know more?
In our free and non-binding information material you will find out everything about:
- Content of your studies
- Admission and application
- Prices in detail
Why you should study at IU
- SALARY INCREASE up to 20%
- By studying at IU International University, you can expect up to 20% more salary in your future career.
- MORE RESPONSIBILITY IN THE JOBS OF THE FUTURE
- The job market is constantly changing - studying with us gives you the perfect preparation for the business world.
- OPTIMAL PROMOTION AND CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
- Start out in the professional world without compromises - no problem with a degree from us.
As an estate agent, you work as a broker for property and flats’ rental, business premises, and land. You inspect the offered properties, determine their value and a realistic purchase price, help the seller with the organisation of documents, and create descriptions of the properties. After you’ve added properties to your brokerage portfolio, you look for potential buyers, conduct viewings, and negotiate sales prices and modalities. You also advise potential buyers on financing matters as needed.
As a property manager, you record, organise, and monitor all commercial, technical, and infrastructural matters related to the maintenance of real estate property. You take care of real estate at different stages like its construction, usage, and sale. You ensure the optimal management of commercial or private properties. Depending on the type of property you manage, you advise and support owners in the selection of tenants and seal rental contracts. Cleaning, maintenance, and renovation of properties are also part of your responsibilities.
Property experts or appraisers either work in dedicated appraisal offices or are employed directly by property companies. As an appraiser, your job is to determine the value of a property or real estate so that it can be built on, converted, sold, rented, leased, or properly insured. In doing so, you take into account the size, condition, and location of the property, as well as pollution on the property, for example, contamination of the soil or exposure to noise.
- Accounting and annual reports
- Fundamentals of real estate economics
- Real estate project planning
- Real estate marketing
- Real estate and portfolio controlling
- Real estate ownership and transfer of ownership
Our bachelor's degree programs are generally free admission programs. Precondition, in any case, is at least a university entrance qualification in the form of:
- A General qualification diploma or vocational technical diploma
- An entrance qualification for studies at universities of applied sciences
- A master craftsman's diploma
- Or advanced further training
- Or at least two years of vocational training plus at least three years of professional experience.
For detailed information and advice about possible exceptions, please refer to the corresponding subpage of the respective bachelor's degree program.
Have you already completed a vocational training, have you been working professionally for several years or have you been able to successfully complete your studies? Perfect! This is because you can then have certain prior credits and academic achievements specifically recognized to shorten your study time and reduce your tuition fees.
You can find out which of your previous degrees, certificates or professional experience and skills can be credited to you on the websites of the individual course of study or directly from the student advisor for the location you are interested in.
The study that adapts to your life
Request information on the type of study that is best for you.
Study or work? Just do both!
- The perfect way to start your career: study and gain work experience at the same time
- At over 35 locations as well as at the virtual campus
- Regular rotation between theory on campus and practice in the company
- Apply what you have learned directly in practice and have more than three years of professional experience after graduation
Popular degree programs
Real Estate Management – deals with technical principles as well as current challenges and trends in the construction industry.
Architecture offers the perfect combination of creativity and solid engineering knowledge for small and large construction projects.
Civil engineering approaches the construction of projects in a scientific and analytic manner and supports the work in interdisciplinary teams.
What we have to offer
- study programmes to choose from, tailored to your needs
- companies educate with us as practice partners
- locations or study online worldwide
Request free information