STUDY NURSING. RECOGNITION INCLUDED.
Would you like to support people in need and make the care sector better, more humane, and modern? With the Bachelor’s Programme in Nursing, you will learn how to transfer nursing science knowledge into everyday nursing life to accompany demographic change as a change agent and multiplier. Topics such as prevention and treatment are just as important as rehabilitation and palliation. As a sought-after expert, you will later use your specialist knowledge in hospitals, nursing homes, or in the health care sector. Always to ensure a more liveable and humane future, both theoretically and practically.
Building on your education in the nursing sector, the IU University programme in Nursing will provide you with a comprehensive knowledge of complex tasks in acute care as well as in the long-term care sector. You will not only gain insights into the fields of gerontological psychiatry, human medicine, psychology, and sociology. You will also acquire technical, methodological, and social skills that you will later apply in an interdisciplinary context. You will have access to research-relevant basic knowledge, ethical principles, and social, political, and economic aspects. With the help of individual specialisations, you will be able to sharpen your profile and take on leadership and management tasks in a wide range of care professions.
Do you want to know more?
In our free and non-binding information material you will find out everything about:
- Content of your studies
- Admission and application
- Prices in detail
Why you should study at IU
- SALARY INCREASE up to 20%
- By studying at IU International University, you can expect up to 20% more salary in your future career.
- MORE RESPONSIBILITY IN THE JOBS OF THE FUTURE
- The job market is constantly changing - studying with us gives you the perfect preparation for the business world.
- OPTIMAL PROMOTION AND CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
- Start out in the professional world without compromises - no problem with a degree from us.
As a nursing manager, you take on important organisational and personnel responsibilities. You create work schedules, act as a staff planner and always keep an eye on the quality standards that have to be met.
As a practical instructor, you supervise the nursing students during their internship. You prepare your students step by step for their responsibilities as nursing specialists. You set learning goals, assist with exams and are always available as a contact person.
RESEARCH AND SCIENCE
As a nursing scientist, you help advance nursing research with your ideas and innovations. For example, you assume expert and reviewer activities, develop new care concepts or work on uniform and future-oriented quality standards.
- Care as a Profession
- Nursing Care Management (Introduction)
- Nursing Law
- Quality Management in Nursing Care
- Highly complex Care in Acute Care
Our bachelor's degree programs are generally free admission programs. Precondition, in any case, is at least a university entrance qualification in the form of:
- A General qualification diploma or vocational technical diploma
- An entrance qualification for studies at universities of applied sciences
- A master craftsman's diploma
- Or advanced further training
- Or at least two years of vocational training plus at least three years of professional experience.
Also important to note: To qualify for this degree programme, you must have completed your vocational training as a state-approved nursing specialist.
For detailed information and advice about possible exceptions, please refer to the corresponding subpage of the respective bachelor's degree program.
Have you already completed a vocational training, have you been working professionally for several years or have you been able to successfully complete your studies? Perfect! This is because you can then have certain prior credits and academic achievements specifically recognized to shorten your study time and reduce your tuition fees.
You can find out which of your previous degrees, certificates or professional experience and skills can be credited to you on the websites of the individual course of study or directly from the student advisor for the location you are interested in.
If you have successfully completed your vocational training, the standard duration of your studies with us is reduced by 50% as the training will be automatically credited towards your degree. Of course, this also reduces your tuition fees because you will only have to pay tuition fees for 18 months instead of 36 months.
Sounds good? Secure
your study place!
Sounds good? Secure
your study place!
The study that adapts to your life
Request information on the type of study that is best for you.
For maximum flexibility and maximum success - study 100% online
- Ideal for graduating with maximum flexibility: study when, where and how you want.
- 100% online study - no compulsory attendance and optionally full or part-time
- Take exams online or locally if you wish
- Maximum support from tutors, professors and study coaches
Flexibility and clear structures - cleverly combined
- Perfect to take your career to the next level: Study while working
- Possible at 14 locations as well as at the virtual campus
- Mix of flexible online modules and regular classes
- Choose your own pace in online studies and deepen your knowledge with the help of experienced professors on campus
Popular degree programs
Social work represents the best possible preparation for ensuring social justice and equal opportunities for children, young people and adults in all life situations.
Health management enables people to convince themselves to maintain and improve their health.
Nutrition science deals with the composition and effects of nutrition and gets to the bottom of diet-related diseases.
What we have to offer
- study programmes to choose from, tailored to your needs
- companies educate with us as practice partners
- locations or study online worldwide
Save 1.444€ by 2 December
for a distance learning programme
Save 1.444€ & get a free iPad
by 2 December for distance learning
Request free information