Bachelor's in Social Management - Management with social numeracy.
Non-profit social and health care institutions need not only energetic staff but also people with organisational talent. The reason why strategic thinking and business studies skills play an important role is something you'll learn during the Bachelor's programme in Social Management. In addition to administrative tasks, you will take on various functions as a social manager so that social institutions, foundations, charities and non-profit organisations never lose sight of their ideal values and goals.
For your future tasks as a manager, the Bachelor's programme in Social Management will provide you with the most important social science and business administration basics. You will need all of this knowledge to always make the right management decisions when it comes to linking BWL and social services. Also, you will have the chance to use your expertise in selected areas such as hospital management, health care management or social entrepreneurship.
Do you want to know more?
In our free and non-binding information material you will find out everything about:
- Content of your studies
- Admission and application
- Prices in detail
Why you should study at IU
- SALARY INCREASE up to 20%
- By studying at IU International University, you can expect up to 20% more salary in your future career.
- MORE RESPONSIBILITY IN THE JOBS OF THE FUTURE
- The job market is constantly changing - studying with us gives you the perfect preparation for the business world.
- OPTIMAL PROMOTION AND CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
- Start out in the professional world without compromises - no problem with a degree from us.
Social manager at foundations & charities
As a social manager at foundations and charities, your duties include challenging administrative tasks, for example, the management of social organisations, personnel and organisational development, marketing and fundraising, project development and project management, and quality management. Networking in political and social environments at the national and local level is an essential component of this work. Since foundations and charities are often dependent on donations and public funding, developing a fundraising strategy is one of the main challenges you face.
Social manager in non-profit organisations
As a social manager, your responsibilities include creating budget and cost plans as well as creating funding application. The ability to respond to other people, their personalities, and individual situations is also an essential part of this work. You design social processes, analyse social problems and emergencies, tailor concepts to changing target groups, and can build and maintain networks. Situated in the intersection between the business world and social affairs, you link social processes and developments with business indicators and controlling. Acquisition of funding and sponsorship is one of the increasingly important tasks in this field.
Home managers run social institutions such as children’s homes, residential schools, educational homes, homes for the disabled, retirement homes, and nursing homes. You are responsible for the organisation and management of the home, management of its employees, and the profitability of the business. As the home manager, you represent the respective institution externally and are responsible for ensuring that it runs smoothly.
- Social Economy
- Economy and Market
- Occupational and organisational psychology
- Public law
- Business Ethics
Our bachelor's degree programs are generally free admission programs. Precondition, in any case, is at least a university entrance qualification in the form of:
- A General qualification diploma or vocational technical diploma
- An entrance qualification for studies at universities of applied sciences
- A master craftsman's diploma
- Or advanced further training
- Or at least two years of vocational training plus at least three years of professional experience.
For detailed information and advice about possible exceptions, please refer to the corresponding subpage of the respective bachelor's degree program.
Have you already completed a vocational training, have you been working professionally for several years or have you been able to successfully complete your studies? Perfect! This is because you can then have certain prior credits and academic achievements specifically recognized to shorten your study time and reduce your tuition fees.
You can find out which of your previous degrees, certificates or professional experience and skills can be credited to you on the websites of the individual course of study or directly from the student advisor for the location you are interested in.
The study that adapts to your life
Request information on the type of study that is best for you.
For maximum flexibility and maximum success - study 100% online
- Ideal for graduating with maximum flexibility: study when, where and how you want.
- 100% online study - no compulsory attendance and optionally full or part-time
- Take exams online or locally if you wish
- Maximum support from tutors, professors and study coaches
Popular degree programs
Social work represents the best possible preparation for ensuring social justice and equal opportunities for children, young people and adults in all life situations.
Health management enables people to convince themselves to maintain and improve their health.
Nutrition science deals with the composition and effects of nutrition and gets to the bottom of diet-related diseases.
What we have to offer
- study programmes to choose from, tailored to your needs
- companies educate with us as practice partners
- locations or study online worldwide
Request free information
You'll find all of the important information about your study programme and IU International University of Applied Sciences in your personal brochure.