Bachelor’s in Hotel Management – professional hospitality is something you have to learn.
Hospitality and professional service are the be-all and end-all in the tourism sector.Whether it’s the hotel industry, gastronomy or the travel sector, the focus is always on the customer. However, you need to have industry-specific know-how and business skills to be able to fulfil even the most extraordinary requests and develop unique offers. With IU Bachelor’s degree programme in Hotel Management, you gain expertise, specialist knowledge and leadership qualities. The aim of the programme is always to give you the most solidpreparation for everyday work in one of the most important global industries.
The IU Hotel Management programme gives you comprehensive insight into the planning, development and organisation of the tourism business across a wide variety of industries. The modular programme also provides you with foundational knowledge in the areas of accounting, annual financial statements and HR management. You can specialise in the areas of tourism, hospitality or events to fulfil interesting management positions as a specialist.
Do you want to know more?
In our free and non-binding information material you will find out everything about:
- Content of your studies
- Admission and application
- Prices in detail
Why you should study at IU
- SALARY INCREASE up to 20%
- By studying at IU International University, you can expect up to 20% more salary in your future career.
- MORE RESPONSIBILITY IN THE JOBS OF THE FUTURE
- The job market is constantly changing - studying with us gives you the perfect preparation for the business world.
- OPTIMAL PROMOTION AND CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
- Start out in the professional world without compromises - no problem with a degree from us.
Front office manager
As a front office manager, you are responsible for check-in at hotels, as well as for the scheduling staff, ensuring continuous room occupancy, and managing complaints. Together with your team, you are the most important contact point for your guests, which means you need to make a good impression. As the link between the back office and reception, you also ensure that everything runs smoothly.
As a revenue manager, it is your job to find appropriate measures to optimise your hotel’s sales. For this, you develop pricing strategies, perform analyses and statistics, maintain reservation systems, and set budgets. Your goal is to sell the right room at the right price to the right customer through the right channel. You often work closely with the front office and sales departments.
As the general manager of a cruise ship, you are responsible for all guest areas on your ship. You coordinate sales measures, keep an eye on quality standards, take on management tasks for the crew, and monitor all operational processes for the various areas of the ship.
- Planning and development of events
- Commercial law
- Intercultural management
- Business events
- Economy and market
- Service management
Our bachelor's degree programs are generally free admission programs. Precondition, in any case, is at least a university entrance qualification in the form of:
- A General qualification diploma or vocational technical diploma
- An entrance qualification for studies at universities of applied sciences
- A master craftsman's diploma
- Or advanced further training
- Or at least two years of vocational training plus at least three years of professional experience.
For detailed information and advice about possible exceptions, please refer to the corresponding subpage of the respective bachelor's degree program.
Have you already completed a vocational training, have you been working professionally for several years or have you been able to successfully complete your studies? Perfect! This is because you can then have certain prior credits and academic achievements specifically recognized to shorten your study time and reduce your tuition fees.
You can find out which of your previous degrees, certificates or professional experience and skills can be credited to you on the websites of the individual course of study or directly from the student advisor for the location you are interested in.
The study that adapts to your life
Request information on the type of study that is best for you.
For maximum flexibility and maximum success - study 100% online
- Ideal for graduating with maximum flexibility: study when, where and how you want.
- 100% online study - no compulsory attendance and optionally full or part-time
- Take exams online or locally if you wish
- Maximum support from tutors, professors and study coaches
Popular degree programs
Business administration – sets an important milestone for a professional career as a generalist in the field of business administration.
BWL - Accounting & Controlling
Business Administration - Accounting & Controlling is the ideal preparation for the exciting and diverse field of finance as well as all aspects of business and law.
Business Psychology – excellent preparation for better understanding and positively influencing people’s thinking, experience, action, and decision-making.
What we have to offer
- study programmes to choose from, tailored to your needs
- companies educate with us as practice partners
- locations or study online worldwide
Request free information
You'll find all of the important information about your study programme and IU International University of Applied Sciences in your personal brochure.