Bachelor's degree programme in Nursing Education - didactic expertise for professionals.
You can quickly inspire other people and want to pass on your knowledge? Then the Bachelor's programme in Nursing Education will make you a sought-after teacher in the healthcare sector. At IU University you will learn which didactic methods you should use as a nursing educator to train future nurses and let them improve their skills - be it in public education institutions, in companies or the scientific field. As a nursing and health expert, you will ensure the targeted transfer between theory and practice.
The Bachelor's programme in Nursing Education will provide you with a broad basic knowledge in social sciences, psychology and philosophy. The curriculum also includes political and legal guidelines for the care and health sector. The IU University study programme focuses on adult education, nursing didactics and lifelong learning. Also, you will have the chance to specialise in business management aspects, for example, to make a career in inpatient or outpatient nursing and geriatric care or hospital management.
Do you want to know more?
In our free and non-binding information material you will find out everything about:
- Content of your studies
- Admission and application
- Prices in detail
Why you should study at IU
- SALARY INCREASE up to 20%
- By studying at IU International University, you can expect up to 20% more salary in your future career.
- MORE RESPONSIBILITY IN THE JOBS OF THE FUTURE
- The job market is constantly changing - studying with us gives you the perfect preparation for the business world.
- OPTIMAL PROMOTION AND CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
- Start out in the professional world without compromises - no problem with a degree from us.
As a nursing educator, you are responsible for preparing aspiring nursing professionals for their professional careers. You are also responsible for their continuing education and training. Your work is not just limited to hospitals and nursing homes. Nursing educators are also employed in school healthcare facilities, nursing homes, associations, and health insurance companies. You also have the opportunity to pursue a career in scientific research or public relations.
In the field of nursing, there are numerous specialist magazines, online portals, and a great deal of specialist literature dealing with the topics of everyday professional life, political discourse, and research. The main purpose of these venues is to keep nursing professionals up to date and inform them about important innovations. If you want to get into the industry, you should have deep interest and talent in writing. Further journalistic or editorial training is also an advantage. As an editor, you mainly work in specialist editorial offices, specialist publishers, or care companies.
Academic research Assistant
As an academic research assistant, you actively work on further developing knowledge in the nursing and healthcare sectors. If you see your professional future in the academic field, you can start as a research assistant after completing your master’s degree. As an academic research assistant, you have the opportunity to pursue a doctorate. This provides the foundation for an academic career or work in other areas outside of the university.
- General didactics
- Social conditions of pedagogy
- Introduction to care management
- Social Policy
- Health and prevention
Our bachelor's degree programs are generally free admission programs. Precondition, in any case, is at least a university entrance qualification in the form of:
- A General qualification diploma or vocational technical diploma
- An entrance qualification for studies at universities of applied sciences
- A master craftsman's diploma
- Or advanced further training
- Or at least two years of vocational training plus at least three years of professional experience.
For detailed information and advice about possible exceptions, please refer to the corresponding subpage of the respective bachelor's degree program.
Have you already completed a vocational training, have you been working professionally for several years or have you been able to successfully complete your studies? Perfect! This is because you can then have certain prior credits and academic achievements specifically recognized to shorten your study time and reduce your tuition fees.
You can find out which of your previous degrees, certificates or professional experience and skills can be credited to you on the websites of the individual course of study or directly from the student advisor for the location you are interested in.
The study that adapts to your life
Request information on the type of study that is best for you.
For maximum flexibility and maximum success - study 100% online
- Ideal for graduating with maximum flexibility: study when, where and how you want.
- 100% online study - no compulsory attendance and optionally full or part-time
- Take exams online or locally if you wish
- Maximum support from tutors, professors and study coaches
Flexibility and clear structures - cleverly combined
- Perfect to take your career to the next level: Study while working
- Possible at 14 locations as well as at the virtual campus
- Mix of flexible online modules and regular classes
- Choose your own pace in online studies and deepen your knowledge with the help of experienced professors on campus
Popular degree programs
Social work represents the best possible preparation for ensuring social justice and equal opportunities for children, young people and adults in all life situations.
Business Psychology – excellent preparation for better understanding and positively influencing people’s thinking, experience, action, and decision-making.
Your Psychology degree will make you think further and deeper in order to understand human behaviour and provide individual counselling.
What we have to offer
- study programmes to choose from, tailored to your needs
- companies educate with us as practice partners
- locations or study online worldwide
Request free information
You'll find all of the important information about your study programme and IU International University of Applied Sciences in your personal brochure.