The most important takeaways of the short study:
- 70.0 % of female school students surveyed are interested in STEM topics (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics).
- However, over 40 per cent of the young women feel overchallenged by these topics or find STEM disciplines too difficult.
- Just a few respondents have female friends or relatives who work in STEM professions. Over a third don’t know anybody who works in STEM.
About this study:
- Publication date: 06 September 2022
- 777 female school students from Germany
- Period of the survey: 09 May – 12 May 2022