What young men think about them.
Four important takeaways:
- Only 21.8 % of young men could imagine choosing a profession in social services.
- The interest is basically there: 65.5% of the mal school students surveyed were interested in social or pedagogical topics.
- Earnings and working conditions as a hurdle: More than half of the respondents (54.1%) assume that the earnings potential is too low; 45.0 per cent do not like the working conditions.
- Childcare worker is the favourite of the social professions: 26.2% of the respondents who would consider a social career would consider to become a childcare worker.
About this study:
- Publication date: 02 March 2023
- 620 male school students surveyed in Germany
- Period of the survey: 17 October – 24 October 2022