Bachelor’s in Financial Management – a degree that pays off.
Do you want to put things in motion and actively shape the future of a company? Perfect, because you can lay the foundation for these big decisions with the IU Bachelor’s in Financial Management. As an expert in the areas of controlling, accounting, taxation or risk management, you will gain deep insights into all business operations. And thanks to your special leadership and management skills, you will also make a significant contribution to the successful management of any business. It's an exciting professional field with many challenges, even more responsibilities and above-average pay.
The IU Bachelor’s in Financial Management makes you a sought-after expert in the targeted management of business processes. With a modular structure, continuously adapting to the technical requirements of modern business, this programme will teach you the most important fundamentals of the financial sector. You will also be specifically prepared to take on management and leadership roles. It is possible to specialise in specific areas to pursue a career as a controller or commercial manager. You can also choose to focus on German or Austrian private or corporate law.
Do you want to know more?
In our free and non-binding information material you will find out everything about:
- Content of your studies
- Admission and application
- Prices in detail
Why you should study at IU
- SALARY INCREASE up to 20%
- By studying at IU International University, you can expect up to 20% more salary in your future career.
- MORE RESPONSIBILITY IN THE JOBS OF THE FUTURE
- The job market is constantly changing - studying with us gives you the perfect preparation for the business world.
- OPTIMAL PROMOTION AND CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
- Start out in the professional world without compromises - no problem with a degree from us.
Treasury / liquidity management
Your core task as treasurer is raising and investing money for your company. You simultaneously keep an eye on and manage the associated risks. Depending on the size of your company, your responsibilities may include controlling, debt collection and dunning, export financing, and investor relations.
As a controller, you measure the profitability of your company. Based on these evaluations, you can discover hidden risks, possible weak points, and potential for improvement. You develop concepts for efficient solutions, often together with other departments. When new measures are implemented, you keep track and evaluate the progress and, if necessary, suggest optimisation strategies.
Commercial Director / Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
If have considerable experience in finance and are aiming for a management position, an excellent option is a position as Chief Financial Officer (CFO) of a company. In this position, you oversee the areas of finance, international accounting, and controlling. You are also responsible for the whole accounting department. You report the management board about the current company’s financial situation, developments, and liquidity planning, as well as all the economic consequences of current and future projects.
- Compliance and risk management
- Corporate finance
- Company founding and innovation management
Our bachelor's degree programs are generally free admission programs. Precondition, in any case, is at least a university entrance qualification in the form of:
- A General qualification diploma or vocational technical diploma
- An entrance qualification for studies at universities of applied sciences
- A master craftsman's diploma
- Or advanced further training
- Or at least two years of vocational training plus at least three years of professional experience.
For detailed information and advice about possible exceptions, please refer to the corresponding subpage of the respective bachelor's degree program.
Have you already completed a vocational training, have you been working professionally for several years or have you been able to successfully complete your studies? Perfect! This is because you can then have certain prior credits and academic achievements specifically recognized to shorten your study time and reduce your tuition fees.
You can find out which of your previous degrees, certificates or professional experience and skills can be credited to you on the websites of the individual course of study or directly from the student advisor for the location you are interested in.
The study that adapts to your life
Request information on the type of study that is best for you.
For maximum flexibility and maximum success - study 100% online
- Ideal for graduating with maximum flexibility: study when, where and how you want.
- 100% online study - no compulsory attendance and optionally full or part-time
- Take exams online or locally if you wish
- Maximum support from tutors, professors and study coaches
Flexibility and clear structures - cleverly combined
- Perfect to take your career to the next level: Study while working
- Possible at 14 locations as well as at the virtual campus
- Mix of flexible online modules and regular classes
- Choose your own pace in online studies and deepen your knowledge with the help of experienced professors on campus
Popular degree programs
Business administration – sets an important milestone for a professional career as a generalist in the field of business administration.
BWL - Accounting & Controlling
Business Administration - Accounting & Controlling is the ideal preparation for the exciting and diverse field of finance as well as all aspects of business and law.
Business Psychology – excellent preparation for better understanding and positively influencing people’s thinking, experience, action, and decision-making.
What we have to offer
- study programmes to choose from, tailored to your needs
- companies educate with us as practice partners
- locations or study online worldwide
Request free information