The most important takeaways of the short study:
- 46.7 % of respondents want to spend more time with company at Christmas in 2022.
- The latter is especially true of Generation Z (16 to 25-year-olds: 55.2 %) and Generation Y (26 to 40-year-olds: 52.0).
- Despite the war in Ukraine and the other crises, most do not want to limit themselves (on Christmas decorations, for example).
- More than half of those who are putting a limit on Christmas have to be careful with money, and one in six is not in the mood to celebrate in 2022 because of war and/or crises.
About this study:
- Publication date: 15 December 2022
- 1,204 respondents from Germany between the ages of 16 and 65, representative by age and gender
- Period of the survey: 11 November – 14 November 2022