Bachelor of Health Economics: make economically sound decisions.
Are you interested in medical topics, do you want to research social structures and deal with business figures? Then you are a born health economist. Thanks to your expertise, you will make decisions about the allocation of scarce resources in the healthcare market and calculate the costs and benefits of medical measures. At a later stage, you will take on leading positions as a consultant, instructor, or project manager in inpatient and outpatient healthcare companies. The Bachelor's Degree Programme in Health Economics at the IU International University optimally prepares you for the challenges associated with these positions.
The IU programme in Health Economics provides you with comprehensive basic knowledge in a wide range of areas. In addition to expertise in general business administration and economics, this programme will also provide you with the necessary basics in the fields of economic policy, accounting, and balancing, as well as personnel and corporate management. Empirical-methodical skills and health science topics are also an important part of the curriculum. In the course of your IUBH studies, you can specialize in selected areas such as hospital management, pharmaceutical and medical technology, or health policy.
Do you want to know more?
In our free and non-binding information material you will find out everything about:
- Content of your studies
- Admission and application
- Prices in detail
Why you should study at IU
- SALARY INCREASE up to 20%
- By studying at IU International University, you can expect up to 20% more salary in your future career.
- MORE RESPONSIBILITY IN THE JOBS OF THE FUTURE
- The job market is constantly changing - studying with us gives you the perfect preparation for the business world.
- OPTIMAL PROMOTION AND CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
- Start out in the professional world without compromises - no problem with a degree from us.
Healthcare management consultant
Digitisation, increasing competition and cost pressures, and ever higher quality standards: Change and innovation in the health sector are opening up a lot of chances and opportunities, but also challenges for the industry. As a management consultant, you support relevant institutions in making the right decisions for the future and creating an organisation that operates in a healthy and humane way.
Working as a health economist opens opportunities to work with social insurance providers such as statutory health insurance providers or pension insurance. You oversee and are responsible for various areas. This includes, for example, performance management, contracts, and medicine and supply management. You also have the prospect of a management or staff position as an advisor to the Board of Directors or executive management.
You manage homes for seniors and nursing facilities, outpatient care services, or therapy and health centres. As part of your job, you keep an eye on both corporate goals and employee motivation. You are also responsible for optimising quality standards, representing the facility to the outside world, maintaining contacts, and networking.
- Health psychology
- Controlling in health care
- Public health intervention
- Healthcare law
Our bachelor's degree programs are generally free admission programs. Precondition, in any case, is at least a university entrance qualification in the form of:
- A General qualification diploma or vocational technical diploma
- An entrance qualification for studies at universities of applied sciences
- A master craftsman's diploma
- Or advanced further training
- Or at least two years of vocational training plus at least three years of professional experience.
For detailed information and advice about possible exceptions, please refer to the corresponding subpage of the respective bachelor's degree program.
Have you already completed a vocational training, have you been working professionally for several years or have you been able to successfully complete your studies? Perfect! This is because you can then have certain prior credits and academic achievements specifically recognized to shorten your study time and reduce your tuition fees.
You can find out which of your previous degrees, certificates or professional experience and skills can be credited to you on the websites of the individual course of study or directly from the student advisor for the location you are interested in.
The study that adapts to your life
Request information on the type of study that is best for you.
For maximum flexibility and maximum success - study 100% online
- Ideal for graduating with maximum flexibility: study when, where and how you want.
- 100% online study - no compulsory attendance and optionally full or part-time
- Take exams online or locally if you wish
- Maximum support from tutors, professors and study coaches
Popular degree programs
Social work represents the best possible preparation for ensuring social justice and equal opportunities for children, young people and adults in all life situations.
Health management enables people to convince themselves to maintain and improve their health.
Nutrition science deals with the composition and effects of nutrition and gets to the bottom of diet-related diseases.
What we have to offer
- study programmes to choose from, tailored to your needs
- companies educate with us as practice partners
- locations or study online worldwide
Request free information