The most important takeaways of the short study:
- Almost 9 out of 10 Germans have had exam nerves at one time or another; almost two thirds of them at school and/or university.
- Only 14.1% have ever sought help in combatting their exam nerves - although the effects of anxiety can be serious.
- Almost half of those affected do not feel that their exam nerves are taken seriously.
- For more than a half, excessive self-expectations are a major reason for their exam nerves.
About this study:
- Publication date: 17 November 2022
- 1,600 respondents from Germany between the ages of 16 and 65, representative by age and gender
- Period of the survey: 06 May – 10 May 2022